• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Easy Can Driver Get In And Out Of The Elio?

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I used the Search function to try to find an answer to this question but I was not able to search for the exact phrase so my search returned all post with words like "in" "out" "getting" so I could not find what I was looking for.

So I was wondering if anyone that was present at any of the Elio Shows and Presentations and were able to get into the car and sit on the driver's seat could indicate how easy or difficult they found it to do so and also how easy it was to exit the vehicle.

Might be helpful if they could offer a reference with ither vehicles they have driven or tested.

Thanks in advance

I'm 5'7" 160 lbs, got in and out smoothly and easily.

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm 6' 0" and 215 here, and absolutely no problem in and out, and the front seat of P5 is very generous with the room. I can see the production model being very comfortable on a long haul. I did try the back seat. In P5, ingress/egress was tolerable, but the seat padding left much to be desired. Jerome said that production models would have a bit more headroom and a better rear seat

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I used the Search function to try to find an answer to this question but I was not able to search for the exact phrase so my search returned all post with words like "in" "out" "getting" so I could not find what I was looking for.

So I was wondering if anyone that was present at any of the Elio Shows and Presentations and were able to get into the car and sit on the driver's seat could indicate how easy or difficult they found it to do so and also how easy it was to exit the vehicle.

Might be helpful if they could offer a reference with ither vehicles they have driven or tested.

Thanks in advance

I've been in the P4 and the P5.

I'm 6'4", 36" inseam and "big boned and fluffy" and have NO problem getting in and out of the front OR back seat :p

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes but has anyone actually measured the height of the seat from the ground? That was an important feature when I bought the Baja. Of course, I was trading in a Del Sol. I wouldn't want anything as low as the Del Sol again. I would have to roll out onto the concrete and pull up on the door handles.:blue::help:
That's a good question... I didn't measure it but if I had to guess based on my sitting in the P4... I'd say it's about the same as my daughter's 2001 Toyota Prius. It isn't sports car low but more of a every-economy-car-out-there height.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I AM 6'2" AND HAD NO TROUBLE GETTING IN & OUT OF THE P-4 .
THE REAR SEAT IS A LITTLE MORE DIFFICULT BUT NO WORSE THAN THE BACK SEAT OF ANY 2 DOOR CAR .

Top Bottom