• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Many Options Will Em Be Offering??

How many initial options will EM be offering?

• Total voters

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've seen a few options on Amazon, if it doesn't come as an option. Some use rechargeable batteries, while others have a wire that you gotta manage somehow.
I'm beginning to wonder if all this heating cooling and other electrified stuff is going to put a horrible strain on the Elios teeny tiny alternator and battery.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Heard of gloves? They're a lot less expensive!
There is usually a cheaper way. I think you can even get heated gloves if you want them.
t-60498-02.png

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the improvements in the configurator site will continue and we are looking in on a phase that isn't normally seen. It's a work in progress, not a finished product.
The configurator will continue to configurate continuously as new options are developed. I do see some dropping off if sales don't support offering them.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
KD --- Tilt is standard per Jerome in Shreveport.

Oh be still my beating heart! It just keeps getting better and better. If this proves to be true, my list of options has just gone down. Again.

I will spring for black carpet if need be, a rubber mat set from Amazon (1 set will equal 2 for the Elio!) will suffice to keep it in good enough shape for the long haul.

Upgrade to leather seats (cuz I've never had them), pop out rear windows, tinted windows, the rear wing, upgraded radio, and I'm just about there!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh be still my beating heart! It just keeps getting better and better. If this proves to be true, my list of options has just gone down. Again.

I will spring for black carpet if need be, a rubber mat set from Amazon (1 set will equal 2 for the Elio!) will suffice to keep it in good enough shape for the long haul.

Upgrade to leather seats (cuz I've never had them), pop out rear windows, tinted windows, the rear wing, upgraded radio, and I'm just about there!
Hey, here's a question. Does the no carpet thing include no carpet in the luggage area? And, if there's carpeting in the rear and you've opted for a custom color for carpet, does that mean that the back stays black or that the back is now the color of the rest of your front carpet?

I bet you Elio Motors hasn't thought that one through yet.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How teeny tiny IS the alternator and battery?
I've forgotten the exact specs, but it is a motorcycle battery. And it has a very peculiar looking cell design, to allow it to fit in the space. Maybe they'll change it some for the production car; maybe not.

Here's a pic. The battery looks larger than life because it's in the foreground of the picture.
bodyshot xengine with battery.jpg

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've forgotten the exact specs, but it is a motorcycle battery. And it has a very peculiar looking cell design, to allow it to fit in the space. Maybe they'll change it some for the production car; maybe not.

Here's a pic. The battery looks larger than life because it's in the foreground of the picture.View attachment 9403
Call me wacky, :der: but I don't see a battery.
All I see is an empty positive battery terminal.
And a giant coolant overflow reservoir.
Would it be possible to re-post...
With a circle around the battery?

Top Bottom