• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Investor Opportunity: A Message From Paul Elio

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You can look at it many ways. I think its a put your money where your mouth is type deal. But I am sure this will give the naysayers ammunition about Elio.

by the way an accredited investor is

An individual to be considered an accredited investor, they must have a net worth of at least one million US dollars, not including the value of their primary residence or have income at least $200,000 each year for the last two years (or $300,000 together with their spouse if married) and have the expectation to make the same amount this year."[7]

The federal securities laws define the term accredited investor in Rule 501 of Regulation D and as amended by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act as:

1. a bank, insurance company, registered investment company, business development company, or small business investment company;
  2. an employee benefit plan, within the meaning of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, if a bank, insurance company, or registered investment adviser makes the investment decisions, or if the plan has total assets in excess of $5 million;
  3. a charitable organization, corporation, or partnership with assets exceeding $5 million;
  4. a director, executive officer, or general partner of the company selling the securities;
  5. a business in which all the equity owners are accredited investors;
  6. a natural person who has individual net worth, or joint net worth with the person's spouse, that exceeds $1 million at the time of the purchase, or has assets under management of $1 million or above, excluding the value of their primary residence;[8][9]
  7. a natural person with income exceeding $200,000 in each of the two most recent years or joint income with a spouse exceeding $300,000 for those years and a reasonable expectation of the same income level in the current year;[10] or
  8. a trust with assets in excess of $5 million, not formed to acquire the securities offered, whose purchases a sophisticated person makes."[7]

info appreciated .... hopefully, they will pick up enough investors to get things really rolling .... from looking at the list above, this is something I don't need to worry about ..;)

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to think Paul decided that it was more important to go ahead and get the train moving now though he will lose some control rather than take a bigger gamble on maintaining complete control though chancing he could lose it all.
I doubt Paul Elio will lose any control. I am sure it will be set up so that we are along for the ride, but Paul Elio is still in the driver's seat. An investor would have to invest many, many millions before before Paul Elio would even talk to them about sharing control.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this offer first going out to the reservationist, then be available to anyone?

I wonder if this will be available to anyone including viewers at the NY auto show? Perhaps they are mostly interested in "investors" resulting from the NY auto show and this is preparation.

We know EM made sure to get their government paperwork regarding this offering in order last week and now they are making this investment opportunity public knowledge. I have no doubt that EM wanted to get all their ducks in a row before the NY Auto Show as that is indeed a very big event for them with the added bonus of being held in the investment capital of the USA.

We may not hear about it but it would not surprise me at all if EM and their broker has a private showing lined for potential investors as part of their visit to NYC.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
so why does Paul approach me when he has retained a wall-street firm that's supposed to be going after deep pockets??
Whatever was tried, whenever it was tried it didn't achieve it's desired outcome, if he's now reaching out to me (His letter was indeed to me). Really doesn't make any sense without getting money the only reason.
For sure I don't expect nor am I entitled to any explanation, but on the surface...........
XII:XXII (late night stuck on Law and order.)
gonna try my portobello salad with mustard dressing, let me know if I should post this recipe -LOL

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then you, like me, don't meet the definition of accredited investor.
Elio Motors has no way to know anything about any reservationist's financial situation. I like this opportunity. While most of us are probably not in the position to qualify, I'm sure that some are and may want to participate! It's just another step in the process... with the goal being ELIOS UNDER OUR BUTTS!

Top Bottom