• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is Elio Being Ignored By Mainstream Auto Industry Press?

Ralphe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks bud. I drove all the way to Phoenix, AZ to see the P3. Now they'll have a showing here in Ontario, CA. on Mar. 30th. I got this info. from the blog. The list at their EM website is not updated and didn't reflect the 30th yet.
Thanks, jetpack. im going to try to make it, if I can get away.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks bud. I drove all the way to Phoenix, AZ to see the P3. Now they'll have a showing here in Ontario, CA. on Mar. 30th. I got this info. from the blog. The list at their EM website is not updated and didn't reflect the 30th yet.
Thanks, jetpack. im going to try to make it, if I can get away.
Please take pictures to share with us poor folk who live too far out of the way. Thanks, Z :-)

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Consider that Elio does not have an engine or transmission.. Why would a car magazine give this much thought? The engine and transmission are the heart and soul of any vehicle and until this point the Elio is truly not a car. Once they have the running gear and the car is being produced the mags will take interest in the Elio.. I don't recall car mags getting access to any prototype vehicles and if they did they are sworn to secrecy.

Ray

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most car magazines don't review that many motorcycles either. Auto-cycles as well for that matter. What we are looking (Elio) at does not fit the pigeonholes the industry has in place. How it plays in Pretoria remains to be seen.

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It may be being ignored now but once they go into production and people see and test drive this car the order numbers will skyrocket beyond expectation. Driving the Elio will be like sitting in a jet fighter and cruising very low. The experience will sell the Elio. Test drivers will become owners! Then the market and the publications will be all over the Elio.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody know if they will be showing the P3 or P4 in Tuscon?

Should be the P4 as that is the one heading across the country in that direction right now. Most stops will be using the P4 as that is the car on tour right now but they will sometimes bring out the P3 if they need another car for a random event.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
jetpack,

I was able to look at up close, touch and sit in the P3. After that I went "all in".
Full production can't happen soon enough for me.
Like Buckeyejake I was able to touch, feel, and sit in the P3 at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta in Oct 2013. Well in excess of 100,000 people saw it there so it had great exposure. I went "all-in" as soon as I got home.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like Buckeyejake I was able to touch, feel, and sit in the P3 at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta in Oct 2013. Well in excess of 100,000 people saw it there so it had great exposure. I went "all-in" as soon as I got home.
Same here except I went all in looking only at the picture! My first time seeing it was at their recent stop in Phoenix, AZ and you're right, it just feels right, fit is right, it does not look weird like the Aptera (w/c I've seen up close), it's not electric so there's no distance anxiety, and there's plenty of room in the engine bay to do some DIY stuff like changing oil, spark plugs, filters (oil and air) etc. It'll be a lot easier to clean too!
I spent more money on my remote control airplanes and helicopters over the years than worry about the 1K all in towards this ELIO trike! If EM offer this trike as a kit, I'll love it even more because I like getting my hands dirty! 3 cylinder engines can be had for cheap anywhere and once it's assembled can be painted with the scheme of my choice. ;)

Top Bottom