• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Is This Ruling Going To Effect Elio Since They Are Following The Telsa Sales Model.

AllIn5450

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as i know, there is no law that prevents me from going to a state that is allowed to sell Tesla's and buying one, driving it to my home state and registering the car.
I of course would not pay sales tax in the state i bought it in, but would pay sales tax in the state it is registered in, my home state.
There is always a way to get around stupid states.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1. Elio is a motorcycle.
2. If Tesla only had one state to sell in, the kind of person that would buy one, would go there to get it.
JMO:)
If Elio Motors only had one State to sell in, the kind of person that would buy one, would go there in busloads to get it. Heck we may be sitting next to each other on that bus.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio Motors only had one State to sell in, the kind of person that would buy one, would go there in busloads to get it. Heck we may be sitting next to each other on that bus.
Hey, that's an idea!:) Rent a large van, load it up with Elioites and head to Shreveport to pick up our baby's. We could have a rocking good time on the trip down!:D Hang out at Musicmans once we got to LA and he could serenade us for a few days?:cool: Then have a caravan as we all headed back home!:eek: Wouldn't that be a sight!;)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fine.
Make the terms of the contract between Tesla and the dealers so strict that the dealers may as well be direct employees.
If I were Tesla top management, I'd blitz those states with TV, radio and newspaper.
The referrals to the website and youtube would do the rest.
And you are all right. Those that have the money and want a Tesla won't think twice about going across state lines.
Those that are interested enough to want a test drive won't think twice about it either.
It's getting to the point that Tesla Motors is a pretty common household name across all social classes.

I'm thinking that those states are jacked because of a potential loss of revenue.
Technically the profit would be made by Tesla Motors who would be based in another state.
It's possible that the states would only get the sales tax and individual empoyees' income taxes.
They might lose the additional corporate income taxes of (what would have been) independant dealers' businesses.
It's probably that and the 'good ole boy' relationship between politicians and the auto and dealer lobbies.

Last edited:

Mr Deleon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hey, that's an idea!:) Rent a large van, load it up with Elioites and head to Shreveport to pick up our baby's. We could have a rocking good time on the trip down!:D Hang out at Musicmans once we got to LA and he could serenade us for a few days?:cool: Then have a caravan as we all headed back home!:eek: Wouldn't that be a sight!;)
I'm in for a road trip! When does the van swing by Wisconsin?

Top Bottom