• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
he was strong as long as he was out front .... once he got shuffled back, he didn't seem to be able to move back up .... the second duel is underway, my girl has to race her way into the 500 ...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
it appears that NASCAR got the message .... they are making some changes to Daytona qualifying .... early reports from the drivers are favorable :

"DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — Three days after facing heavy criticism for its group qualifying format at Daytona International Speedway, NASCAR is changing the format for qualifying sessions here later this week.

The new rules will apply to the Xfinity Series and Camping World Truck Series, which will qualify for its races on Friday. NASCAR did not announce whether the new rules will apply to the Sprint Cup Series or other restrictor-plate races or for the return trip to Daytona in July, but it is considering it.

The new rules reduce the size of the groups that qualify in the first round and the time allotted for each session.

Under the new rules, Round 1 will consist of four groups of 12 cars each, with the groups determined by random draw. The top 24 will advance to Round 2, which will consist of two groups of 12 cars. The final 12 will then race for the pole.

Drivers in each round will have just 2 minutes, 30 seconds to qualify, down from 5 minutes previously. The cars also must be lined up on pit road single-file with the left-side tires of each car touching the outside line of the respective pit boxes, providing enough room for other cars to get by. Once a driver makes a move to go out onto the track, he must continue and cannot stop."

more info at this link where more info is available

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Can I just use a recurring 'SMOKE' button for the whole season?

it was interesting watching the video this morning of the Danica - Hamlin post race "conversation" .... Danica was one fired up little lady .... I do respect Hamlin's self control and do believe that if the same conversation had of been between two males, it most probably would have gotten rough .... Hamlin claimed his car never touched Danica's but the video doesn't seem to agree .... I did notice that when Tony came in and got between them, Hamlin tried to tell him that he hadn't touched her car and Tony responded by telling him to watch the video .... Tony the peace maker, that's a concept that is going to take some thoughts to come to grips with ..:)

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[snip] Tony the peace maker, that's a concept that is going to take some thoughts to come to grips with ..:)
Yes! That's true.
I didn't see the video, but I read the transcript.
As far as Hamlin's self control, I applaud that as well, though what choice did he have? She comes up and grabs his fire suit...what's he gonna do? Clock her one?
That wouldn't have ended well at all...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes! That's true.
I didn't see the video, but I read the transcript.
As far as Hamlin's self control, I applaud that as well, though what choice did he have? She comes up and grabs his fire suit...what's he gonna do? Clock her one?
That wouldn't have ended well at all...

exactly, .... any other reaction would have ended up with a bunch of folks called into the NASCAR trailer and some pretty stiff fines on the way .... the drivers know who they can push and who they can't ....now that she's bowed up on them, my bet is the other drivers will now make a strong effort to avoid tapping on her back bumper ...:)

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
exactly, .... any other reaction would have ended up with a bunch of folks called into the NASCAR trailer and some pretty stiff fines on the way .... the drivers know who they can push and who they can't ....now that she's bowed up on them, my bet is the other drivers will now make a strong effort to avoid tapping on her back bumper ...:)
I hope not.
She needs and wants to be treated like any other driver.
The problem is, she can be aggressive and get in people's face after the race, but no one )hopefully) will retaliate.
Tough situation to be in...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope not.
She needs and wants to be treated like any other driver.
The problem is, she can be aggressive and get in people's face after the race, but no one )hopefully) will retaliate.
Tough situation to be in...

in following her, I don't know of another driver who has been wrecked more times by other drivers .... why wouldn't drivers spin out Dale Sr. .... why do they worried when they mess with Tony or any of several others you can name .... she's using the tools she has to get their attention

Top Bottom