• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Less Than $7,600, No Sooner Than 4th Qtr 2016

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If gas was $5.00 a gallon or more across the fruited plains the government would have jumped on this opportunity and would be singing praise to themselves. Since I pay less than $2.00 per gallon no one in government give a rats a$$.

Chris Los

Elio Fan
Reaction score
And people wonder how we get income inequality...:rolleyes:
Let's lend money to people that don't need it.:doh:

Two words: Solyndra/Fisker . The government has been burned too many times lending money to shaky companies. EM is as shaky and speculative as it gets - like it or not..... It is a political PR nightmare when companies are gifted public taxpayer money and never produce anything. I guess we are seeing why it is hard to build a car company from the ground up. It usually takes a billionaire like Elon Musk - not a guy that was working as a roofer. I am rooting for him in a Horatio Alger sort of way but this is an uphill road. I have $1100 skin in the game so I hope for good news but rarely even think about EM these days and will not throw more good money after bad. The next 3-4 months will be interesting. I suspect this affair will play out by January month end at the latest.

Chris Los

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Each car Tesla sells is at a loss. Think I read that somewhere. Has any one else heard this.
I have heard that. EM has the money to fade the losses and with all the related companies he controls he can develop R&D and other efficiencies. I also read that Consumer Reports has the current model rated at 103 on a 100 point scale. I sat in one last year. Unreal. My next new car will likely be a Volt. But if I had the quid the Tesla would be a no brainer! Still hoping for a 3 wheeler made in LA though.

Chris Los

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have heard that. EM has the money to fade the losses and with all the related companies he controls he can develop R&D and other efficiencies. I also read that Consumer Reports has the current model rated at 103 on a 100 point scale. I sat in one last year. Unreal. My next new car will likely be a Volt. But if I had the quid the Tesla would be a no brainer! Still hoping for a 3 wheeler made in LA though.
Elon Musk - not Elio Motors....LOL

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Two words: Solyndra/Fisker . The government has been burned too many times lending money to shaky companies. EM is as shaky and speculative as it gets - like it or not..... It is a political PR nightmare when companies are gifted public taxpayer money and never produce anything. I guess we are seeing why it is hard to build a car company from the ground up. It usually takes a billionaire like Elon Musk - not a guy that was working as a roofer. I am rooting for him in a Horatio Alger sort of way but this is an uphill road. I have $1100 skin in the game so I hope for good news but rarely even think about EM these days and will not throw more good money after bad. The next 3-4 months will be interesting. I suspect this affair will play out by January month end at the latest.
Why that particular timing?

Chris Los

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Why that particular timing?
I don't have a crystal ball or any inside info for sure. My gut tells me we will have another announcement in late January like last year and we either will have P5 in completed state that will knock it out of the park or aother hard delay that will end it all once and for all. Most people that will invest sight unseen on the front end have already done so new cash to sustain the burn surely has to be tailing off. Early supporters will continue to die off. EMs backers will only carry it for so long. In my fantasy Elon Musk rides in and produces a half size battery pack for the Elio in exchange for controlling interest and the EV Elio goes on sale for 18.5K. The end result is oil prices go down to $10/barrel. Good for the planet and the common man - bad for my fossil fuel heavy portfolio....Then I wake up LOL.

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've seen the headlines that Tesla looses money on every car. What I haven't seen (in the mass media) is how they (the media) determined that. Tesla is developing two new cars and their battery mega factory. Those expenses are hitting the bottom line that also includes revenue from selling the current car. Plus they're helping build out the charging infrastructure (they installed a new quick charge station on an organic farm near me this summer). The company as a whole having a net loss wouldn't surprise me, and it would be easy for headline writers to convert that into 'loss per car'. I have not seen a break down that proves they're actually loosing money on every car they sell.

Top Bottom