• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Less Than $7,600, No Sooner Than 4th Qtr 2016

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio's salary is probably the lowest it can be. Since it is his company, he would probably work for less. However it is not Hari's company and he probably demands a reasonable salary commensurate with the position and its responsibilities. The same for the next person. As a part of the hierarchy and "pecking order" A CEO must not make less than those under him. That maybe is why his salary is the same as Hari's. It is the lowest it can go and still maintain that hierarchy. (Usually the CEO of a company makes more than the next person and everyone else.)

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
There are plenty of CEOs who make less — sometimes much less — than other employees. There's no rule to say otherwise.

In fact, many CEOs have made a point of working for $1 during the start-up phase or when a company is in a pinch,

That said, I don't begrudge Paul making a living. His salary is not one of those 3000x the average employee monster pay days that CEOs with no concern but their own pocketbook pull down.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The CEO's who work for $1 are doing it for the sake of theatrics. They are already wealthy and don't need the money. PE worked as a roofer and was broke. He is not wealthy. Yes, he will own the company in the future and will make good money then, but that does not pay the bills today. No one can live off of $1 per year. The $1 CEO's are obviously are already wealthy.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The CEO's who work for $1 are doing it for the sake of theatrics. They are already wealthy and don't need the money. PE worked as a roofer and was broke. He is not wealthy. Yes, he will own the company in the future and will make good money then, but that does not pay the bills today. No one can live off of $1 per year. The $1 CEO's are obviously are already wealthy.
I think Paul is earning his salary. No doubt about it. I've said elsewhere (don't remember which post) that he's risked everything he has, travels all the time talking to everybody (which is exhausting if you're an introvert as PE is), works god knows how many hours in a day, and is dealing with childcare and other issues at the same time. Of course he's earning the money. It's only the optics of it that are bad, not the necessity of it. Geesh.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Paul is earning his salary. No doubt about it. I've said elsewhere (don't remember which post) that he's risked everything he has, travels all the time talking to everybody (which is exhausting if you're an introvert as PE is), works god knows how many hours in a day, and is dealing with childcare and other issues at the same time. Of course he's earning the money. It's only the optics of it that are bad, not the necessity of it. Geesh.
Do we know how long he has been drawing @ $250K? has it been 5 years or 1?

DaveM

Elio Fan
Reaction score
In the interest of keeping my sanity, I have purposely avoided this site for several months as well as disregarded a lot of the Elio Emails, so that I would stop thinking about WHEN WHEN WHEN?
Now I return to find delays, possible cost increases, and other issues. Is anyone one else starting to doubt?

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not doubting here. History is being made again for the first time in a VERY long time. In an age of instant gratification you're just going to have to wait.

Paul is starting from scratch. Funding is a nightmare and the payments are killing him. The loans seem near sharking in terms of payments interests and rates. Its gotta make him down a ton of Starbucks staring at that alone.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
In the interest of keeping my sanity, I have purposely avoided this site for several months as well as disregarded a lot of the Elio Emails, so that I would stop thinking about WHEN WHEN WHEN?
Now I return to find delays, possible cost increases, and other issues. Is anyone one else starting to doubt?

Hi Dave,

Good call on keeping your sanity, do whatever it takes to keep it.

This latest delay has me grumpy and frustrated. Setting the "alarm" for one year from now might be a sanity-saver. :spy:

Top Bottom