• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Limits ….

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
what are your

$ limit (max you will pay …) ?

mileage limit …what MUST this be rated at highway mileage ?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't plan to buy but one .... I don't want to spend a penny on a rig that doesn't have a feature I really want .... nor do I want to spend money on features I don't want .... so, I really like about the way EM us marketing is the ability to pick and choose individual options .... I'll spend what it takes to get one equipped the way we want it .... mileage is also subjective in that its directly related to how much fun it ends up being to drive .... the more we enjoy it, the lower the mileage could be

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was down for an Aptera at the beginning of their run, and was willing to pay $20k. But the Aptera was promising a slicker experience (if you ever watched their old "dolphin" video, you saw that they made promises on everything from performance to the quality of the seat covers). And that was before they got stuck in an eternal "we need to add just one more thing" loop.

I'd certainly stay with Elio to $10k if that's what it takes. Beyond that if it looks like quality makes it worth the value.

On mileage, I'd really like to see something over 70. If it gets below that level, I can keep driving my Chevy Volt, and even get pretty sloppy about charging up, and still do better.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like most , I have no problem paying $10k OTD for this vehicle . It remains a rare bargain in it's space.
MPG is no issue for me and sincerely plan to turbocharge once it's in my garage .

$_35.jpg

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they stay with the current quoted price (7300) I'll be happy with that plus possibly the auto depending what kind of feedback that gets.
Beyond that, I'll still buy the car either way rather than lose my 1k reservation - but I may immediately turn it around for sale to recoup my investment.
I'm buying the thing to be an inexpensive commuter - if it fails to deliver in that regard, it'll probably be gone.

That being said, if they come out with some good news regarding production/hiring soon I may have to see about selling my MG kit car in the spring as I have a self-imposed 1-toy-vehicle rule.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I was down for an Aptera at the beginning of their run, and was willing to pay $20k. But the Aptera was promising a slicker experience (if you ever watched their old "dolphin" video, you saw that they made promises on everything from performance to the quality of the seat covers). And that was before they got stuck in an eternal "we need to add just one more thing" loop.

I'd certainly stay with Elio to $10k if that's what it takes. Beyond that if it looks like quality makes it worth the value.

On mileage, I'd really like to see something over 70. If it gets below that level, I can keep driving my Chevy Volt, and even get pretty sloppy about charging up, and still do better.

Always interested to hear from an Aptera reservationist. Is that the main thing you remember, it seemed like they were always wanting to add just one more item? On a post-mortem interview with the head honchos, they said that they should have tried to raise their own money, instead of depending on the ATVM loan and then changing their mind to a 4-wheel version just so the Aptera was called a car in the ATVM's eyes.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking I'd pay about $9k for the Elio base model and it would be a good value. I'm thinking of semi loading it up with extras I'd like and am guessing $13k OTD is my limit.

I think 70+ highway mpg (not EPA estimate but my highway driving at around 75 mph) would satisfy me.

Top Bottom