• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Locked In

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Phil B, did you get this email from the Marketing Team at EM?
It answers all of your questions.

Recently Announced Price Lock: What you Need to Know

ELIO_LOGO_R_2328x1144.jpg

August 18, 2016

Hello Coss,

We are reaching out to you today to provide additional clarity to the Friday, August 12 letter regarding establishing a “locked in” base price for “non-refundable” reservation holders. The letter explained in detail the reason for this opportunity, which is to further indicate to the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing (ATVM) loan program from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) that Elio Motors has committed purchasers — not just “non-refundable” reservation holders.

In the coming weeks, we will continue to provide valuable updates relating to where the reservation count stands as we march toward reaching 65,000 reservations, which is how long this special offer will last (currently, there are only 8,177 reservations left!).

In order to simplify the process of locking in your price, please select one (1) of the following three options based on your personal preference:

1. I am a “non-refundable” reservation holder and want to maximize my savings and lock in the $7,000 price by signing a binding commitment; what do I need to do?
    1. If you have a “non-refundable” reservation and want the $7,000 locked in price, click here to accept the binding commitment.
  2. As a “non-refundable” reservation holder, I want the $7,300* locked in price and choose not to take advantage of the additional $300 savings; what do I need to do?
    1. The $7,300* base price has been established for all “non-refundable” reservation holders, up to the first 65,000 total reservations. No action is required.
  3. I have a “refundable” reservation and I want to lock in a price; what do I need to do?
    1. You must first convert to a “non-refundable” reservation. Click here to make this happen.
Still have more questions? You may find them below in our most frequently asked questions with corresponding answers:

Q: To make a binding commitment and receive the $7,000, am I paying the full $7,000 base price now?

A: Absolutely not. This process only binds your commitment to purchase your Elio and allows you to lock in the price.

Q: Does the established lock-in price change my reservation bonus?

A: No, your “non-refundable” reservation bonus remains and will be applied to the final purchase price of your Elio.

Q: As a “non-refundable” reservation holder, how long do I have to lock in the $7,300* base price? More specifically, when does the lock-in price program end?

A: The program will end when we reach 65,000 total reservations (total current reservations can be seen at: www.eliomotors.com). That means if you have a “non-refundable” reservation and make a binding commitment, you can lock in the additional incentive base price of $7,000 only up until we reach 65,000 total reservations.

If you’re already a “non-refundable” reservation holder and choose not to take advantage of the additional $300 savings before we reach the 65,000 total reservations, the base price of your Elio will be set at $7,300* without requiring further action from you.

Q: How do I know if my binding commitment to lock in the $7,000 base price (and receive an additional savings of $300) was accepted?

A: Two things happen when you complete your binding commitment: you will immediately see a confirmation pop-up (or error if something isn’t working) and you will receive an email confirming receipt of your binding commitment.

We are currently sending out confirmation emails every other day and will soon move to an automatic reply so that you will get your confirmation within minutes of your $7,000 lock-in. Please remember to check your junk mail if you do not see your confirmation email in a couple of days.

Q: My email doesn’t work/I changed my email, what do I do?

A: You need to use the email that you made the Elio reservation with, unless you have emailed us and we have confirmed that your email has been changed in the system. If you have multiple emails, we are here to help if you cannot recall which email is associated with your Elio reservation. Email us at tellmemore@eliomotors.com.

As always, we thank you for your support.

Warm regards,

The Elio Team

I got it yesterday. Relocked. No
reconfirm yet. News at eleven....

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I submitted the electronic form to lock the price at $7000. I have been "all in" for well over 2 years so I also assumed that I was going to get another $500 toward the final price of the vehicle (IF PRODUCTION EVER HAPPENS). I also wonder about the $500 promised to induce my deposit, will this still be given or did I give that away to lock up a price of $7000 for the base model? I would like to see an official answer from Elio motors on this issue.
I think you are also to get a 15% additional incentive for getting in early (don't know that cut-off date)?, Wiser than I will confirm/deny. Stay tuned

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you are also to get a 15% additional incentive for getting in early (don't know that cut-off date)?, Wiser than I will confirm/deny. Stay tuned
This one?:
•If your All In reservation or upgrade was made before January 1st, 2014 we will give you an additional 35% when you come buy your Elio. So, instead of receiving 50% bonus on top of your All In reservation amount, this elite group of reservation holders will be receiving 85% of your reservation amount as a thank you for believing in the vision and giving us your support from the very beginning.
•If you have an All In reservation or upgrade from January 1st, 2014 through June 30th 2014, we will add 20% to your reservation bonus taking it to a total of 70%.
•The final group that will receive the reservation and upgrade bonus is for those All Inreservation holders from July 1st through December 31st, 2014. If you are in this group, you will receive an additional 15%. This will take your reservation bonus up to a total of 65%.
The reservation bonus is from Elio Motors and it will be reflected in your final invoice for your Elio. The system date for your All In reservation or upgrade will be automatically reflected when you purchase your Elio.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it may help anyone --- After reading through some these comments, I was wondering about my commitment email. I hadn't seen it either.
I found it in my email trash can.:eek: Good thing I don't empty it often.
The "Sender" was Future Owners. Not Elio Motors, or Paul Elio, or The Elio Team like most of the correspondence I have received from EM.
Committed on 12 August, email arrived on 13 August, moved to safer folder on 17 August.
I just white listed"Elio*" :D

TMOSteel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This one?:
•If your All In reservation or upgrade was made before January 1st, 2014 we will give you an additional 35% when you come buy your Elio. So, instead of receiving 50% bonus on top of your All In reservation amount, this elite group of reservation holders will be receiving 85% of your reservation amount as a thank you for believing in the vision and giving us your support from the very beginning.
•If you have an All In reservation or upgrade from January 1st, 2014 through June 30th 2014, we will add 20% to your reservation bonus taking it to a total of 70%.
•The final group that will receive the reservation and upgrade bonus is for those All Inreservation holders from July 1st through December 31st, 2014. If you are in this group, you will receive an additional 15%. This will take your reservation bonus up to a total of 65%.
The reservation bonus is from Elio Motors and it will be reflected in your final invoice for your Elio. The system date for your All In reservation or upgrade will be automatically reflected when you purchase your Elio.

Could I ask where that information came from? Email? Web page? Document?

I had never seen that before, and from what it looks like I should receive 65% having gone all in on 6/9/14.

I'm glad people like you are here to spell this stuff out, honestly I can only imaging the chaos to come when it finally comes to paying for this thing.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I sent the following question to Elio Motors, via email, on August 15, 2016:
If a person makes a non-refundable reservation today, 2016 Aug 15, can they get the elio (base model) for $7,000? I do not see that number offered on the website.

Today I got the following reply:
Don Harris (Elio Motors)
Aug 19, 12:21 EDT
Neil, you are correct. Only a previous reservation can lock in at $7,000 but a new reservation can lock in at $7300 until we reach 65,000 total reservations.
Regards ,
The E Team

I asked Kevin on the phone who said a person can lock the price in today (Aug 16) for $7,300. I asked if a person can get it for $7,000 and a received a cautious yes reply that I did not have a much confidence in.

There is no reference to $7,000 where a person makes an all-in reservation (offering on the color pages), but if you look at the all-in reservation agreement in the tiny window, it says "If a binding commitment is made, the base price shall be further reduced to $7,000.”

What Don Harris says makes since. Binding commitment can be written into the current offering and agreement. I thought the $7,000 price was offered as an enticement only to the people who had already reserved and had no reason to make a further binding commitment.

The all-in reservation offering wording does not mention $7,000 but the all-in reservation agreement does.

I think EM should check these over, make changes if needed, and educate all people so what is printed and what people say is in agreement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom