• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Luggage Rack Vs Spare Tire Rack.

Reaction score
Yeah, legally it's a motorcycle and cycles don't carry spare tires. But, I am an old lady and not up to walking miles for help as I am not up to throwing my leg up and over a cycle. So, Boys, How about a spare tire on a rack with changing equipment. Oh, and since there is going to be two different size tires might want a tires rack.

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, legally it's a motorcycle and cycles don't carry spare tires. But, I am an old lady and not up to walking miles for help as I am not up to throwing my leg up and over a cycle. So, Boys, How about a spare tire on a rack with changing equipment. Oh, and since there is going to be two different size tires might want a tires rack.

Have to admit that I hadn't thought about a spare tire. Might need to invest in some "run flats" for the Elio.

ls10

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
There are some products out there you can put in your tires that are suppose to hydro-dynamically balance your tires and seal any punctures. I ran something called "Ride-On" in my Creamcycle. Couldn't tell it was there. If it sealed any punctures, I didn't know about it.

Last edited:

ls10

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I bought a pickup almost ten years ago. Has a spare but no jack or handle. Spare has never been out from under it since I've owned it. Had a nail in a tire a month or so ago but I haven't had a real flat or blowout in decades. (Except for the Creamcycle, just before I put the "Ride-on" in it's tires. :))

Mark Black

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will hear mixed reviews on this stuff just like anything else, but this stuff is GREAT! I run it in my ATV and riding lawn mower. Haven't gotten around to putting it in the trucks yet but that's because I just found out about it 6 months ago and I wanted to test it on my toys first. I'm pretty sure this stuff will get you out of a "flat" jam as long as its not a total blow out.

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You will hear mixed reviews on this stuff just like anything else, but this stuff is GREAT! I run it in my ATV and riding lawn mower. Haven't gotten around to putting it in the trucks yet but that's because I just found out about it 6 months ago and I wanted to test it on my toys first. I'm pretty sure this stuff will get you out of a "flat" jam as long as its not a total blow out.

The only real negative to that stuff is you can't patch a tire once you've used it, but personally I prefer plugs to patches anyway.

Mark Black

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only real negative to that stuff is you can't patch a tire once you've used it, but personally I prefer plugs to patches anyway.
Steve, I'm just curious, but why wouldn't you be able to patch the tire?o_O The stuff washes out with water. Also, people still patch tires?:eek: The last time I used a patch was on an inner tube on my bicycle 20 years ago.

Top Bottom