• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Luggage Rack Vs Spare Tire Rack.

bird

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my truck, classic now, for 25 years. Drove 250 miles (not my truck) every week for 42 years to get to work and back. Got my first motorcycle (still have my 4th one) when I was 16. No flats on the road yet. I think I might get some "run flat" tires for my Elio just in case my luck has run out. Or maybe a big piece of wood to knock on.

RickDeckard

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm with bird... been all over the US and Canada on Motorcycles never had a flat (been driving street bikes since 1968). Don't even remember the last time I or any of my family had a flat. The last two new cars I bought didn't have a spare (came with a can of fix a flat) I have AAA and between that and my auto / MC insurance I am not overly concerned. Yep I have had done plugs in tires it isn't tough. Since this is supposed to be using standard auto tires I don't think it would be hard to take the wheel to the tire store and get it replaced... It just isn't one of my concerns ... but that is me

JPSpen

Reaction score
Probably a good flat repair kit is all you're going to need.. And you'll just have to learn how to use it... Use an old tire laying around to practice... As long as you're prepared for a flat, You'll never have one... I keep a full setup and have never needed it...

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Probably a good flat repair kit is all you're going to need.. And you'll just have to learn how to use it... Use an old tire laying around to practice... As long as you're prepared for a flat, You'll never have one... I keep a full setup and have never needed it...

I got good at it when I did landscaping, never had a flat on my truck but flats on the trailer were all too common.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That spare wheel could be important for any long distance trips I read folks are planning. Another thing---any attachment to exterior destroys the aerodynamics of this ""slick"" vehicle and you can forget the 49/84 mpg rating which is one of the important reasons for buying one in the first place!!

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have AAA and a ell phone. I do like the Slime idea though. Won't take up much room and can get you out of jam. The only time I would use the Slime would be if I had no cell phone signal.

Top Bottom