• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Manufacturing Rate

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Or just pull in about 6 Feet over the Pit and leave the back wheel on the solid floor. Just don't pull forward when you're ready to leave, but you know it will happen eventually somewhere!!!
:eek: Whatttt????? Let some minimum wage mechanic wanna be to not screw up and drive forward?? NO Flippin way!!

For as light as the Elio is, I'll just drive it up on my car ramps at home and change it myself.
Disposing of the old oil is easy; I put it in an old semi-clear milk bottle; and set it out for the Recycle truck to pick it up (It comes by every Friday).

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:eek: Whatttt????? Let some minimum wage mechanic wanna be to not screw up and drive forward?? NO Flippin way!!

For as light as the Elio is, I'll just drive it up on my car ramps at home and change it myself.
Disposing of the old oil is easy; I put it in an old semi-clear milk bottle; and set it out for the Recycle truck to pick it up (It comes by every Friday).

I'll pour it on a pile of ash juniper and torch the whole mess.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's fine, if ya got someone to pick it up! Not here. ..
Check with your auto parts store. All the ones around me will take used oil for recycling, for free. Just bring it in and dump it in their big tank. You have to take your container back with you, though. they won't let you leave the used oil jugs.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Check with your auto parts store. All the ones around me will take used oil for recycling, for free. Just bring it in and dump it in their big tank. You have to take your container back with you, though. they won't let you leave the used oil jugs.
I was told, probably incorrectly, that if they sold it, they had to accept a like quantity of used. I never tested that but Autozone and Napa always took my oil when my container got filled. I change my Truck at the Auto Hobby Shop on base because I can drain it right to a container that they recycle. That way, I don't have to move the oil or dump it anywhere. Plus, it's up on the lift so I can check out it's undercarriage.

Sportsman Matt

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Check with the local and state laws. In Massachusetts the store that sells it is required to take the waste oil back, as the nanny state says once it's used it's now a Environmental Contaminant and Hazardous Waste.

Fortunate for me I have friends that run waste oil burners to heat their garages, sheds and workshops where I live.

Top Bottom