• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Morphic Studies

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just kind of wondering how a boxer engine could be accomidated. Looks like, with some effort it's possible.
But next I'll look at all things BEX for a fit.

143 Avelinte V2Boxer.jpg

143 Avelinte V2_Post_01.jpg

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just kind of wondering how a boxer engine could be accomidated. Looks like, with some effort it's possible.
But next I'll look at all things BEX for a fit.

Boxer engine would be great, but 2.0 too large, and Subaru not the most reliable, not break down but niggly problems such as oil leaks and blown head gaskets.

Shame it's not 30 years ago, because the 1.6/1.8 pushrod Subaru were just great, small superlight and unbreakable. Popular for light aircraft too, and I should know ...

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, here is the progress toward fitting over the BEX built chassis.
All that is left is some corrections to the windshield curvature. Then I can experiment with the rear and face styling choices.
The top left one is the tight fit to the photo. But this needed to stretch into the Bex volume requirements.

143 Avelinte_Progress05.jpg
143 Avelinte_Progress06.jpg
143 Avelinte_Progress07.jpg
143 Avelinte_Progress08.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Boxer engine would be great, but 2.0 too large, and Subaru not the most reliable, not break down but niggly problems such as oil leaks and blown head gaskets.

Shame it's not 30 years ago, because the 1.6/1.8 pushrod Subaru were just great, small superlight and unbreakable. Popular for light aircraft too, and I should know ...

Yeup! We put a lot of those into the Viking research vehicles in the 1970's and '80s! And also wankels at times. Like for the Bonneville racing adventures. But the Subaru gave the high mileage results.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’d like to see you morph the Arcimoto FUV. It’s more typical to a SUV platform, that I can easily ingress/egress, has a high degree of driver comfort, and visibility…….see and be seen.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm, well they did already provide some 'skin' variations. But no full fenders. So what kind of a make over would you like?
Pop in a photo here from the internet, and I will see what I can provide.

It is true, they could treat that as a platform to drop other concepts on top of it.
It would only take just one or two new vendors to get a drop-on kit market started. That could get thing moving. Although...

The reason this worked out for the VW bug is that it was a bit modular to start, and there were volumes of spars parts and dead donors to feed the system. The reason it worked out for the Lotus 7 is that they will pay a bit more for sports equipment, and it was much cheaper than other platforms. And of course you had a more predictible flat field class for fair competition. People with more money prefer different classes where investment gives an edge.

Maybe a traveler/road extender/camping set up?

Last edited:
Top Bottom