• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

New Direction

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How about a Piper "J", one step above a glider! Do not understand the resistance to wheel spatz some have expressed---they are aerodynamic and perfect for the ELIO. Some are wheel nuts and want to install fancy wheels and of course pull the spatz so the nut cakes can admire each others splashy rims ! It beats me but then what do I know except how to survive as long as I have!! RB

outtaget1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
How about a Piper "J", one step above a glider! Do not understand the resistance to wheel spatz some have expressed---they are aerodynamic and perfect for the ELIO. Some are wheel nuts and want to install fancy wheels and of course pull the spatz so the nut cakes can admire each others splashy rims ! It beats me but then what do I know except how to survive as long as I have!! RB
Ahhhhh not to worry,,, everybody has preferences,,, and on matters like this new rig,,, I get a kick out of how we all are authorities... I am all in (almost) on whatever these guys will put together,, and will have fun with it, be proud or make proud as I can,, or hang it from the rafters next to my
BD5... hehehehe I just don't think the ???? spats are practical for SOME OF US... So much so,, mine are 4 sale,, and still IN PROCESS.. heheheee
Nope,, not a piper 'J' it is a 'JUST' Highlander, new built in SoCalina... I am liking an ultralite coming out of the back yard in Mo... T.O. and land at 25
BackYardFlyerUltralightPage.jpg
Take off in 120 feet.... the wing swings to align with fuselage in about 2 minutes, so trailers and stores easy.... I will be able to role it in and out from under the BD and Elio.. hehehehe
Just joking,,,, search it out thru yahoo, using back yard flyer, see the designer talk about it and fly it if you are interested....
Congrats on your Elio purchase. JS

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Highlander, now that's living----thick airfoil, high lift , low wing loading---looks like first class fun in the air!!Now if we can just get the ELIO folks to get cracking and get into production---- soon! RB

dteke

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I think we all have an opinion on these new wheel covers good or bad lets let elio put whatever there I can fix it. What we really need to see next is that new engine installed and tested. How bout it Elio?
DT

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are right on, dteke,---so far we have a beautiful body on a metal frame powered by a GEO METRO engine and drive train.(kit car anybody?) So we are now less than a year away from an assembly line operation with an incomplete lightly tested prototype. It is nearing time for the whole enchilada, folks , in a real time world of MPG testing , etc.---GO ELIO!!

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow such hatred for people wanting to be cool;) I actually think the trend to hide the wheels is newer as they have been exposed with COOL rims up until now. At the end of the day Elio is creating a great platform just screaming to be customized to personal taste so both wheel lovers and wheel covers can be satisfied.
You would think they would just stay away from the thread, we're just dreaming our wishes. It will be done Elio's way no matter. Leave us alone and let us dream the cool machine
Don""t know when this lets see the wheels trend got started, but a wheel is a wheel and we now have idiots out there that will spend $2000 on a set o "rims", thinking how cool they look. The ELIO is an autocycle, design for high MPG, ease of maintenance, low initial cost, etc., so if you want to muck it up , do so at your expense and let the factory stay the course based on sound engineering principals and not some fanciful whims of a minority seeking ""cool"" in everything they do!!
NRB, what's with the name calling in your threads. c'mon, we all want the same thing and it doesn't hurt to dream. Take a chill pill or start your own Blog that only allows your perfection. It's gonna be an Elio no matter what and i'm all in.

Top Bottom