• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Non Political, Political Servey

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So what I was hoping for was some evidence that society is developing a vacination to political Cult Propaganda that now theatens western civil society. This version of it leaverages the internet as social media. So far, I'm not seeing any evidence of effective vaxination here. But of course that is not what this website is dedicated to. And I will of course continue to look for that evidence elsewhere.

From the perspective of life as a classroom, where we learn from our mistakes motivated by the resulting pain, it will happen at some point. Infact that has happened through out history. When will we see it in these times?

The whole purpose of a consitution is to immunize a society to the political abuses of the past. Just imagine returning to a pre democracy world. In that world, a full war mobilization happened everytime an authoritarian had any asperation to do so. Many times 5 years of peace followed with 10 years of war, in ongoing cycles. In a nuclear world and one very vindictive leader, the end of life is not just possible, but statistically inevitable. Sobering thoughts indeed.
It is political. The evidence you’re looking for will be the results of the 2024 Presidential Election. Democracy is on the ballot. We are currently a Democracy on the edge, so it’s in the hands of the voters.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is political. The evidence you’re looking for will be the results of the 2024 Presidential Election. Democracy is on the ballot. We are currently a Democracy on the edge, so it’s in the hands of the voters.
Your point would be good, even perfect, if that was the point I was actually after. But no. Even though I do have an obvious horse in that race, I was just using my case as an example to trigger conversation. But what I'm actually researching is resources that could develop to mitigate this new devisive world of mis-information and PR manipluation. During the GW Bush erra it was simply called spin. Now it's just bold and shameless lying backed up with mofia and cult control tactics. For one, if you can make someone angry, you automatically make them resisent to all other perceptions. Same for fear, same for greed. These represent three monkeys at play these days in US politicts.

Even if this next election cycle in the US goes well, we still have a huge problem brewing, to include the whole world.

At the time just prior to the second world war, it was the advent of mass media, which was being manipulated by bad actors. We were not ready in the subject populations to those venues of attack. During and after WWII, to off set that, news outlets were enabled toward free speech, but also given oversight by government insituitons and a legal systems of civil law to force them toward some level of honesty and public interest. This was also supported by implementing public advisories and public education in public schools about goverment, ecconomics, politics, history and the constiution.

But today, we have many hacks of the internet based system(s) by bad players. And also manipulation of mass media by dark money, by commercial bad actors and anonymous and insulated users, and protected host systems of dubious intent. With the addition of deep fakes using AI, it's only going to get worse and also as the bad actors gain more experience through trial and error.

So what can we do to mitigate those manipulative effects in the public sphere? How do you teach what truth is when they only want to understand it as limited to a subjective point of view? When opinion matters more than facts?

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to ask a question...

Has any President directly affected your life in a material way?? I'm not talking about a minor tax increase, I'm talking about a major event or choice in your life that directly affected you.

Personally, I can say "no" up until President Obama cancelled my health insurance. I was working part time and buying my own health insurance. I was one of the 7-8 million+ people whose policies were cancelled. The cheapest replacement policy (under the Affordable Care Act) was quadruple what I was paying and I couldn't afford health insurance. I was also making a bit too much money to qualify for an ACA policy. Luckily, I only had a minor illness during my uninsured period. And yes, I did pay a tax penalty because I could not afford any policy.

As a side note, when I called my health insurance company in a desperate attempt to find something/anything I was told I need to get a second job so I could afford the new rates (again this was an increase of 390%).

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know that I'm going to be chastised for this but I REALLY, REALLY wish this forum would return to 3-wheeled vehicles instead of politics.

I know, I know, I don't have to read these, but that's all that's here any more.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know that I'm going to be chastised for this but I REALLY, REALLY wish this forum would return to 3-wheeled vehicles instead of politics.

I know, I know, I don't have to read these, but that's all that's here any more.
Is that all there is? This is one thread of many on my favorite three wheeler forum. Politics impacts our daily lives and never used to be so divisive. The Federal and State politics that we need to support alternative vehicles with high MPG or MPGe options will likely play a role in getting a fully enclosed 3 wheeler to market with funding options, manufacturer low interest loans, and a State supported universal autocycle definition that provides convenient registration and motorcycle licensing needed for production scale success.

Top Bottom