• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Not Happy With Elio

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I am going to vent here...

I just received an email stating how great the tour at the Utah ComicCon was on Labor Day weekend. What upsets me is I didn't receive an email notifying me of the tour. Apparently the tour was a last minute setup/change and it shows a lack of foresight and concern regarding current customers in the area... as Elio strives consistently to send all the "filler" emails. I don't have time to check Elio's web site everyday or hour. I work and have other responsibilities. I feel it isn't unreasonable to expect Elio to notify current customers of the tours and changes. I feel Elio has forgotten their customers who have been with them from the beginning and provide a lot of support and communicate their enthusiasm to friends and family regarding the Elio (best sales people).

My family has four All-In and we are all upset because we check the tour listings regularly and none of us knew about this tour location. We still are receiving fluff emails regarding how Elio will save the planet but not one regarding the tour near us.

How much effort would it take to create an email list of the registered customers in the area of a tour (as a minimum!) and send out an email notification? This shows a lack of foresight and concern/care for customers that have paid in. I cannot even imagine doing anything remotely close to my "customers" and not resulting in severely damaging the customer relationship.

Signed,
Not Happy (Aka: Cache Man)

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is my opinion that ELIO is out there to get more people interested and signing up. I think ELIO is doing a decent job entertaining us future owners, but that is not their priority right now. The priority right now is to get this dream to become reality !
I do understand your frustration though. If they were here and I missed them, I would be disappointed too. Your complaint is legitimate, let them know.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The same thing happened when they came to Springfield Mo. The only way I found out is I went to a fast food place and about 5 people came in wearing Elio polo shirts and I walked out and the Elio was sitting in a hotel parking lot about 100ft away. It was just lucky that I went out to eat that day or I would have missed it.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The same thing happened when they came to Springfield Mo. The only way I found out is I went to a fast food place and about 5 people came in wearing Elio polo shirts and I walked out and the Elio was sitting in a hotel parking lot about 100ft away. It was just lucky that I went out to eat that day or I would have missed it.
So It came to Springfield, MO and I just found out.? I would have taken the wife to see it.
Frim

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
over time I've noticed that they have two types of scheduling .... one is done long range and is posted way in advance on the forum and often in emails .... the other is (as noted above) on a last minute basis that doesn't allow for a wide dissemination of info .... EM wants the P5 on display as much as possible .... right now it is also often needed by suppliers and engineers .... hopefully as the E series comes on line, that will improve .... I well understand the frustration from folks who just miss a quickly organized tour stop .... been there, done that, more than once .... the bottom line for us is from those experiences I've become more determined to be proactive and check their web site often ... it only take seconds to do so

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When the E1c is done, it will take over marketing duties. The E1b will be the "standard" and will be the one all the suppliers will have to use in order to get their parts to all play nice. Of course, E1d and E1e will be completed before E1b and E1c but that's just because they won't be complete vehicles. They'll just be used for engine and chassis work.

Anyway, you'll start seeing the E1c showing up instead of the P5 or maybe you'll see them both doing tours. It should help stabilize their showings and perhaps allow them to plan a little more into the future.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a bummer you missed it, I get that. But I also understand EM wanting to take advantage of any opportunity that comes up at the last minute and not being able to disseminate that info beyond its EM website and FB pages. I think we can all help each other and EM if we monitor their events page and FB site frequently (as their website asks) for the latest events. Those in a state where the Elio is coming should take the initiative in posting that info on this site to let others know. That way we'll all get to see it (hopefully).

Top Bottom