• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Official Elio Motors Events - 2014

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember they are also going back to Denver after Detroit so that is 2 possible trips through Iowa. Think positive thoughts but don't try to dictate how it needs to happen. If it happens it will happen in a way that is best suited for Elio people traveling with the Elio. I knew I was going to get my reservation up to $1K. It never occurred to me I wouldn't be the one getting me there. I fully expected to spend 4 more months saving the money to get there. I also was not expecting to see the Elio this year and look what happened. All of a sudden they added a lot more events. So no promises but thank the Universe for an Iowa Elio stop and then let it go. The Universe will take it from there. :) Z

You're quite the blessed person! :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Additional Reno Information

7/31 - 8/2
Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction
Reno-Sparks Convention Center
4590 S Virginia St
Reno, NV 89502

Both P3 and P4 at this show
Thursday 8-6, Friday 8-6, Saturday 8-9

:) Z

This afternoon Elio Motors tweeted this photo of the Barrett-Jackson Reno booth setup. I like seeing the P3 and P4 side by side like this.

Btz0ndzCYAEtNne.jpg

https://twitter.com/eliomotors/status/494539019896631296

Last edited:

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am kind of surprised how little the Northeast is on the tour schedule. I figured this was the ultimate urban commuter vehicle.
The east coast represents little space and congestion, This car does not appeal to me if I was out west in open roads. It cannot go fast enough or long enough for open roads.
So what is the deal?

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am kind of surprised how little the Northeast is on the tour schedule. I figured this was the ultimate urban commuter vehicle.
The east coast represents little space and congestion, This car does not appeal to me if I was out west in open roads. It cannot go fast enough or long enough for open roads.
So what is the deal?

I can't answer why the Northeast isn't getting the attention it deserves. But I'm confused as to why you think it would be less desirable out West were they drive greater distances between destinations? Doesn't that equate with higher gasoline consumption? I do agree that this will be the ultimate commuter vehicle, tho. But, because of its long wheelbase, won't do much to "ease congestion."

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Driving out west is about driving very fast just so you will not fall asleep from boredom. I am also assuming this car will not be made to maintain speeds often seen out west for very long times. It is only a 3 cylinder engine. I was driving north out of vegas on 15 and was doing a healthy speed and still felt the urge to get off just to make sure I was still moving.
Scenery not changing hurts a speed perspective.
Driving out west is always measured in time, no one can get a grip on the distance, lowering the time is all about speed. When you drive on the east coast you talk about distance, who wants to know how much time it takes to go 10 miles.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Driving out west is about driving very fast just so you will not fall asleep from boredom. I am also assuming this car will not be made to maintain speeds often seen out west for very long times. It is only a 3 cylinder engine. I was driving north out of vegas on 15 and was doing a healthy speed and still felt the urge to get off just to make sure I was still moving.
Scenery not changing hurts a speed perspective.
Driving out west is always measured in time, no one can get a grip on the distance, lowering the time is all about speed. When you drive on the east coast you talk about distance, who wants to know how much time it takes to go 10 miles.
I am very fortunate I love Geology because driving out West ensures I see so many interesting things along the way. Most of it is open to view where as in the East everything is covered by trees. In fact the first time I lived in the East - Raleigh, NC - I got claustrophobia because I could never see horizons. LOL There is beauty everywhere, you simply have to be open to seeing it. My sons and I drove from Toledo, OH to Poulsbo, WA in the mid 1980's at 45 mph because I was driving a small call and towing a trailer. It was amazing what we saw because we were going slow enough to see it. We experienced things we would never have seen or done driving at higher speeds and we loved it. My sons were teenagers at the time and even they enjoyed it. :-) Z

Top Bottom