• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Old Guys Rule

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lets face it guys, we may have aged bodies but in our minds, we never grew up. We long for the new and exciting because it keeps us young. I am alone 99% of the time and have no need for a four passenger vehicle. The Elio fits the requirement. Not only does it pass the test for my needs but also brings in the new, the exciting, the exhilarating and fun along with it. All I can say is "Never grow up".

Reaction score
Naw, We've got a full year or more to save for this vehicle, pretend we're making the bank car loan NOW. Hoping nothing terrible happens between now and YES, 7,000 dollars is a lot of money, but I got this a number one priority, before my replacement windows ect. I just pray my old tank will hold together for another year or more. Now, what color do I want, lol.

Reaction score
I feel we are at least 15 months away so start saving. $200 a month and you're halfway there.
DT
Yep, That's a lot of eggs ! My new teenage layers need to get on line. I've been cutting back on my spending since November, when I signed up. And egg sales are doing well. Going to be better come spring. I've got my ELIO, barring trouble.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well said Rolf! It is true big cars are long distance vehicles most not being necessary in Europe . Most comfortable car I ever had was a Lincoln Town Car---a true highway cruiser, but a dog around town.The ELIO should be a good answere to a commuter vehicle and I believe that was the design criteria. Now there will be those that will put it on the Interstate and more power to them. I have not driven a high mileage vehicle since the Cushman days in the 1940''s so will give it a highway test myself! RB

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
58 this year and in the middle of my third midlife crisis. I have a perfect wife of 24 years, she's only 48. All I need now is a flashy car.

fred bott

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
You are right, Craig. The ELIO will be UNIQUE for the first year or so.
I plan to show mine OFF every chance and let the crowds OHHH and AHHHHH as I slip away in my CHARIOT.
I AM 75 and have yet to have a midlife crisis. Pure thoughts, clean living, no booze and NEVER telling a lie ! (and if you buy that, I have some nice swamp land in Florida to sell you)

My darling wife of 54 years is all for the ELIO ! And by the way, Thank GOD she isn't way younger...I couldn't keep up ! ☺ ☺
ELIO just announced the 10,000th reservation....Makes my #775 just WAY good !

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are right, Craig. The ELIO will be UNIQUE for the first year or so.
I plan to show mine OFF every chance and let the crowds OHHH and AHHHHH as I slip away in my CHARIOT.
I AM 75 and have yet to have a midlife crisis. Pure thoughts, clean living, no booze and NEVER telling a lie ! (and if you buy that, I have some nice swamp land in Florida to sell you)

My darling wife of 54 years is all for the ELIO ! And by the way, Thank GOD she isn't way younger...I couldn't keep up ! ☺ ☺
ELIO just announced the 10,000th reservation....Makes my #775 just WAY good !
Hay! I'm happy for you. "Pure thoughts, clean living, no booze and NEVER telling a lie" for me, went out the window during my 20 years in the Military. Retired all most 20 years ago, clean living and pure thoughts are starting to make a come back.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No mid life crisis for me at 83----just waiting (hopefully not too long ) for my ELIO. While am 100 all in , will upgrade when I see the IAV engine and drive line installed in the test mule so actual MPG and handeling characteristics can be studied. Ten thousand reservations sounds like a pretty strong potential demand to me that should convince a few big money investors to step up to the plate and give this venture the financial boost it needs!! RB

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No mid life crisis for me at 83----just waiting (hopefully not too long ) for my ELIO. While am 100 all in , will upgrade when I see the IAV engine and drive line installed in the test mule so actual MPG and handeling characteristics can be studied. Ten thousand reservations sounds like a pretty strong potential demand to me that should convince a few big money investors to step up to the plate and give this venture the financial boost it needs!! RB
10,000. It would be nice if most of them joined the site.

Top Bottom