• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Old Guys Rule

bill32br

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hello again Bill, Where in Northern Ohio is Mother? Has brother bought into Elio yet? Wise Brother.
Howdi!
Mom lives in fremont...we (my brother and I) are both very interested and have lots of questions. I own and maintain a 95 chysler town and country that is approaching 300k. Seems like the Elio should and could be self-maintainable...I'm hoping...Keep it Simple & Solid! :-)

bill32br

Elio Fan
Reaction score
good morning Jake! Yes it is a small world keeps getting smaller all the time.both of my brothers and I moved to Columbus from Fremont. But Columbus does not have a Whiteys Diner!

L Stephens

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and it seems that I'm the only guy in his 30's--early 30's at that. Perhaps that's because getting a 2 passenger vehicle isn't practical when you still have young children (2) and a wife. BUT, this vehicle excites me! I have owned the same toyota matrix for 10 years and have been very satisfied. All these new vehicles debut and nothing has excited me like my matrix did when it first debuted in 2003. The Elio, however, has blown me away! I have to have it! Also, the fact that it will be manufactured in my home town of Shreveport, La. is a major plus-plus!

Attachments

• 2-4A564A99-1775721-800.jpg
    2-4A564A99-1775721-800.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 258

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and it seems that I'm the only guy in his 30's--early 30's at that. Perhaps that's because getting a 2 passenger vehicle isn't practical when you still have young children (2) and a wife. BUT, this vehicle excites me! I have owned the same toyota matrix for 10 years and have been very satisfied. All these new vehicles debut and nothing has excited me like my matrix did when it first debuted in 2003. The Elio, however, has blown me away! I have to have it! Also, the fact that it will be manufactured in my home town of Shreveport, La. is a major plus-plus!
I'm 40, so younger than the average here. Even though I also have 2 kiddos and wife, I'm in a position where this is practical as my current commuter car is getting older (160k miles) and therefore less to insure and it is paid off, so I can afford to have another car without having to sell my current car. My commute is about 20k miles a year.

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
good morning Jake! Yes it is a small world keeps getting smaller all the time.both of my brothers and I moved to Columbus from Fremont. But Columbus does not have a Whiteys Diner!
Bill,
How can you go wrong with a 1 lbs sausage patty and 2 lbs of home fries for breakfast. At lunch you get the same portions with the hamburger and french fries. If I ate there everyday I would be as big as an Elio.

AltoidBox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I've still got a month or so till I'm in my 30s; so far I haven't seen anyone active who's profile says they're younger. I figure that buying this car to use just for commuting and errands will more than pay for itself in fuel and increasing my other car's longevity.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Graig---do not sell these Yankees any of our precious swamp land. If they are smart they will give up that cold inhospitable north and move to warm sunny Florida on their own! Great ELIO driving country ,too!!

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Geeezzzzzeee---all in their 30"s and 40''s----I must be nuts at 83 having signed up for an Elio, but am young at heart. It will be Gramp"s last toy so lets get on with it (and do not take too long!) RB

Top Bottom