• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exactly my point, one of the suppliers is back ordered and the elio plant is shut down for who know how long..but we are talking about options Josua, if one pep boys doesn't have, in 24 hours it is sent from another pep boys..Carrying two different steering wheels, one with cruise buttons and one without is not efficient. Carry one steering wheel with the cruise faceplate on it but not activated is smart. Let pep boys activate the buttons...as I said, it is just an idea...we will see in about 15 months ...

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the blue shirt elio people in OKC mentioned that the factory would be installing the transmissions only! We were all shocked at that. Now think about this, EM says off the shelve parts, off whose shelves? Pep Boys of course. You order your elio in red, an bam it arrives, you add cruise at pep boys, or a sunroof, or what ever option is there that you want. The factory is banging out an elio every two or three minutes and would not need to carry any parts at all. Keep it simple silly. A radio is a elio part number at pep boys, or new fenders, etc. Also, elio could be stock piled at other locations across the country in massive elio lots. In 24 hours you ordered elio is there, ready to have its options installed...Mr. Elio has said your elio could be there in 24 hours a couple of times...elio delivery trucks running day and night. Interesting concept isn't it?
And that is their concept. They said you could order your Elio at the store and it would be there in 24 hrs. Shreveport to Portland is WAY more than 24 hrs driving. What they'll do is perform option assembly at the Elio regional distribution centers. It won't take much to bolt on fenders, slip in the desired radio, door sills, etc. They will have copies of Elios in various colors, transmissions, and seats (may even just bolt those in too). That way, regional centers can stockpile some Elios and ship them the last 100 miles or so by the next day. Pep Boys won't be the final assembly location.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And that is their concept. They said you could order your Elio at the store and it would be there in 24 hrs. Shreveport to Portland is WAY more than 24 hrs driving. What they'll do is perform option assembly at the Elio regional distribution centers. It won't take much to bolt on fenders, slip in the desired radio, door sills, etc. They will have copies of Elios in various colors, transmissions, and seats (may even just bolt those in too). That way, regional centers can stockpile some Elios and ship them the last 100 miles or so by the next day. Pep Boys won't be the final assembly location.
o_O

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exactly my point, one of the suppliers is back ordered and the elio plant is shut down for who know how long..but we are talking about options Josua, if one pep boys doesn't have, in 24 hours it is sent from another pep boys..Carrying two different steering wheels, one with cruise buttons and one without is not efficient. Carry one steering wheel with the cruise faceplate on it but not activated is smart. Let pep boys activate the buttons...as I said, it is just an idea...we will see in about 15 months ...
o_O

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been unable to find on the website what options are available and what they cost?
I would like to price out my Elio.

[The way I was understanding it, in one of the other threads, you have to go to the "Elio Store," order your car, with the transmission, cruise control, and all, and when you get to the door, they will have it in a big box, waiting for you to take home and assemble yourself. You will have an inventory sheet, with the pieces/parts that are SUPPOSED to be in the box, and along with the instructions, will be a list of tools needed to assemble your machine.
Here is the estimated cost.
Elio=$6800
Trans=$500
Cruise=$250
Shipping
or pickup=$750
I'm just piecing all this together by what I have read.]

I actually got all of this information (minus the "when you get to the door . . . assemble your machine") from right here on this forum. I can't remember the thread.

I actually posted this a a joke, but ruffled some feathers/upset some people, as well.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All of the above numbers are hypothetical, even the $6,800.
I know, but as I stated, I posted this as a joke and go tall kinds of people mad at me.

Oddly enough, though, I posted the same thing on the Elio Facebook page, and one guy actually said, and I quote "you may not be too far from the truth."

I thought it was funny, and yes, most of the info I got from right here on this forum, since it seems we are all speculating anyway.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Top Bottom