• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Options And Upgrades, Cruise Control, Etc...

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been closely monitoring at this site and others regarding wish lists. And of course answers from the Elio team. If any you own a bike and it was purchased new, remember the price $$ and then if you started to see accessories, remember how you dressed up your machine. It was an on going exercise until you got it right. In my case back in 1988 I purchase a 1500cc Gold Wing, which set me back 10K, base price, then I started adding to it ( you name it and I had it) after a year it totaled out at 17K........

If your avatar photo is of your "GoldWing" I think someone at the dealer took advantage of you. lol

Grayfox72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hey Cali.....you are very observant. But to answer your statement... when the Honda Gold Wing met the Honda Silver Wing they fell in love and produced an offspring called the Honda Helix ( my avatar)

AZLife

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been closely monitoring at this site and others regarding wish lists. And of course answers from the Elio team. If any you own a bike and it was purchased new, remember the price $$ and then if you started to see accessories, remember how you dressed up your machine. It was an on going exercise until you got it right. In my case back in 1988 I purchase a 1500cc Gold Wing, which set me back 10K, base price, then I started adding to it ( you name it and I had it) after a year it totaled out at 17K........Elio is priced at $6800, add-ons $$$$$ for the guys that want something different than the basic car. Based upon what Team Elio is saying in posts regarding add-ons, I'll bet to dress this beauty up the end results will be somewhere around 10 to 12K....Hey that's what it's all about , tailor it to your own personal taste, but don't keep asking for these accessories to be included in the car. In my case I want cruise control ( may or may not be included in price ), I also want an auto tranny cost $350-500 as per Mr.Elio, upgraded radio another 100 bucks, leather seat $350 someone wants a red paint job extra $$ and it goes on and on....We all want it at $6800 and the design team can only do so much with the budget. It's nice to dream..... but remember the $$$

Actually, at the Phoenix showing a few weeks ago, I believe Paul threw out some figure like $16K if you wanted it fully dressed. Due to the tone in the conversation, I don't think that he meant that as a realistic figure, but meant more to mean there would be tons of options available....

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Getting back to the thread title, I think Elio Motors needs to give us the option of the original Prowler style fenders with alloy wheels that were on the P2 and P3. I went all in based on a super high mileage car that also looked cool (sporty, roadster like, etc.), not like half a Prius. I know why the change was made and that's fine, but some of us would rather have the looks and are willing to give up a few mpg to get it.

I hope I don't come off angry because I'm not, and if pushed I'd have to admit that it's not a complete deal breaker. I just think it's something the company should do, considering that they did make a fairly radical change after they had a lot of people's money. I'm willing to pay for the option but I'd rather pay the factory as opposed to the aftermarket and take delivery in the configuration I want than pay for hardware I don't plan to use. I doubt there will be nice looking alloy wheels under those skirts.

I'm also considering having the rear sides painted to match the body color to try and bring back the look of the P3 as much as possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom