• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P5

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Bike racks belong on your SUV--not on the streamlined ELIO. (How about ski racks,or luggage carriors, wheel chair rack, etc., etc.,) What happened to common sense in this country???

An optional bike rack is just that, an option. Nobody is saying you should be required to have one standard. And it makes much more sense to take your bike somewhere with the Elio than with your truck or SUV.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Attachments

• Windshield.jpg
    Windshield.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 394

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
New to this game but, is there any provision for a spare tire? Is the trailing wheel the same as the two "front pullers"? It's a long ride from Alaska to Idaho and the ALCAN can be hard on tires -- even good ones!

H town Jeff

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think options and upgrades my friends. The attractions to the Elio concept are the low price, the high miles per gallon, and the coolness factor. If they start adding too much to the base it might as well be a car.

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I had a Chevrolet Spark, no spare tire or runflats from factory. Why are so many people hung up on a spare tire? What do motorcycle riders do when they get a flat? Many cars do not come with a spare tire, just a flat tire kit.
On distance rides I often carry a spare rear tire. Short runs with an Elio (in cell phone country) - why worry about a flat. Otherwise, a plugging tool with some form of inflation or a can of "hole sealer" should be adiquate. For the bike, I do have a little inflater pump that plugs into a 12v outlet. So, can easely live without the spare!

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Same thing will apply here. A plug kit and small 12v inflater, or a can of slime. Either type will fit in the trunk and not take up much space or add much weight.

Top Bottom