• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

P6 ?

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So now there is a P6 in the plans?

"We’ve been quite open about our need to raise money to move forward. Our most recent offering to accredited investors back in March helped us raise enough capital to begin building the P5. This was a huge step forward for the company. Funds raised from the recent Regulation A+ initiative will help us get to P6 and beyond."

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So that means my ELIO will be P8019 P6 would mean a 6th production version different from P5 in most worlds.

No, yours will be Pxx #8019 where xx is the last prototype number where they declare it production-ready. All the testing prototypes after that will be the same. They are still build 30 so they can complete all the testing. Could be P5, could be P30. (Or, channeling Wayne here, could be PNEVER! :rolleyes:)

RadRich

Elio Fan
Reaction score
They are still build 30 so they can complete all the testing. Could be P5, could be P30. (Or, channeling Wayne here, could be PNEVER! :rolleyes:)
I know nothing of how prototypes work, but if Elio is barely able to start a P5 (based on it's March crowdfunding) and there will be up to a P30, what does that say for a 2016 production release? I mean, do they create 30 prototypes, and then the production model? Or produce a production model of the P5 or P6 and the other prototypes can represent different Elio cars that will eventually be produced? Seems like there isn't enough time to make 30 prototypes and still have a production model released in early 2016.

Last edited:

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, yours will be Pxx #8019 where xx is the last prototype number where they declare it production-ready. All the testing prototypes after that will be the same. They are still build 30 so they can complete all the testing. Could be P5, could be P30. (Or, channeling Wayne here, could be PNEVER! :rolleyes:)

Not willing to except never yet. Tuff road ahead but not willing to go that far yet. I really want this ELIO to make it. The failure Smart car got a shot it is ELIO's turn.

Past Fanatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All good 'talk'; just remember that they still have to DESIGN, Build, and Man an "Elio Engine Manufacturing Facility" in Shreveport (were NO engines have ever been made or assembled before) that produces 500 - 1,000 engines DAILY --- BEFORE the first Production Elio comes off the assembly line --- in 2016!

Top Bottom