• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Poll - Are You Or Have You Ever Been A Motorcycle Rider?

Current, Former, or never been a Motorcycle rider

• Total voters

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was a rider until last September. Had a pretty bad wreck. I would love to ride again, but I respect my wife's wishes not to get back on. My elbow below, in addition to a broken ankle, leg, and messed up knee.

arm.jpg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I was a rider until last September. Had a pretty bad wreck. I would love to ride again, but I respect my wife's wishes not to get back on. My elbow below, in addition to a broken ankle, leg, and messed up knee.

View attachment 241

Sounds pretty bad but I am glad you have recovered well enough to want to go back out and ride some more even if you won't do it.

JN2Wheels

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been a cyclist for 10 years, and a motorcyclist for 6. I don't think this vehicle has any relation to the two. In my opinion, this is an interesting question to see how we all came to hear about/dream about the Elio. It is definitely still a niche vehicle, and tracking those niches could be interesting to see when it goes mainstream. But not because it has a place in motorcycle culture. No leaning, enclosed, seat not saddle, steering wheel, air bags, low seating position, pedal throttle/clutch, etc... Car. This is a car I can get in to! I will sell my moto to fund it. :)

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been a cyclist for 10 years, and a motorcyclist for 6. I don't think this vehicle has any relation to the two. In my opinion, this is an interesting question to see how we all came to hear about/dream about the Elio. It is definitely still a niche vehicle, and tracking those niches could be interesting to see when it goes mainstream. But not because it has a place in motorcycle culture. No leaning, enclosed, seat not saddle, steering wheel, air bags, low seating position, pedal throttle/clutch, etc... Car. This is a car I can get in to! I will sell my moto to fund it. :)

I get that, and for most, there is no relation. For me, after my wreck, this gives me a motorcycle alternative, riding solo or tandem like a bike if that makes sense.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm actually a little surprised that the ratio of riders to non riders is high as it is. I wonder if there is some psychology at play with my poll question where m-cycle riders are more interested in answering.

Anyways, I have this thought that may be stating the obvious:

Almost all motorcycle riders would consider the Elio. A lesser portion of people that already ride compact or smaller commuter cars would consider the Elio. I think there are those who don't realize the crumple zones and relative safety would be similar to their car are scared because of the looks of it. And then there are those that we all know at work and in our family that would never consider the Elio because they think anything less than a full size car (think Dodge Charger and the like) or SUV is a death trap, they think our Civics, Corolla's etc... are death traps. Some even think Accords, Camrys, etc... are death traps and so it goes. I think the last category are the same morons on the Elio facebook page saying the Elio looks like a death trap.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm actually a little surprised that the ratio of riders to non riders is high as it is. I wonder if there is some psychology at play with my poll question where m-cycle riders are more interested in answering.

Almost all motorcycle riders would consider the Elio. A lesser portion of people that already ride compact or smaller commuter cars would consider the Elio. I think there are those who don't realize the crumple zones and relative safety would be similar to their car are scared because of the looks of it. And then there are those that we all know at work and in our family that would never consider the Elio because they think anything less than a full size car (think Dodge Charger and the like) or SUV is a death trap, they think our Civics, Corolla's etc... are death traps. Some even think Accords, Camrys, etc... are death traps and so it goes. I think the last category are the same morons on the Elio facebook page saying the Elio looks like a death trap.
Unfortunately some of those same full size vehicle drivers are the very ones who make it more dangerous for the rest of us. They think smaller cars are a death trap so they subconsciously do things that will fulfill that prophecy. Which reminds me, I need to check to see if yesterday was a full moon. I have never seen so much crazy driving by "full size vehicle" drivers! Yikes! I couldn't wait to get home. :-) Z

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score

My decision to purchase an Elio had nothing to do with my previous motorcycle riding and everything to do with making a practical financial decision that makes absolute sense. The fact that I feel comfortable driving a small vehicle definitely makes it easier for me to make up my mind. I have showed the Elio to four different people at work and everyone one of them said, "I'll never drive something like that". I just look at them pull up to work each day and subconsciously laugh as they each get out of their four and five passenger vehicles, thinking how much unnecessary fuel is wasted each mile that they refuse to see light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom