• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Portland

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is another m/c camper that would work for ElIo
http://www.bunkhousecamper.com
http://tlcamptrailersales.com/
http://www.golittleguy.com/#
this is a few, and there are many others
I'd be curious about the weight of these as well as cost. One of the them - golittleguy - costs as much as or more than the Elio! LOL I'm low income. That isn't going to happen. Thanks for the information. Even the Mini Mate is expensive but it will get me off the ground and give me a bed and is light enough that it should be fairly safe to tow according to the towing experts on board here. :-) Z

juando290

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Another Ore-goon checking in. I live in Eugene, and am planning to go "all in" next pay day. I have been keeping an eye on the Elio for a long time, but wanted to wait until I felt like it was a sure thing. As so done who works at a vehicle dealership (yes, I am an evil car salesman) I do see the irony in buying a car that is so economical when my income is derived by convincing people to buy vehicles that are oversized and not gas friendly. One thing I have brought up at work is having our dealer group look in to contracting with Elio to be the service provider for the southern willamette valley since we don't have pep boys here. I think it would be a smart business move just on the service side, and also because...people still need to buy vans and trucks and sedans. Great sales opportunity if you have people bringing their car to you for tune ups and oil changes. (and I can have my Elio serviced while I am at work :D )

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another Ore-goon checking in. I live in Eugene, and am planning to go "all in" next pay day. I have been keeping an eye on the Elio for a long time, but wanted to wait until I felt like it was a sure thing. As so done who works at a vehicle dealership (yes, I am an evil car salesman) I do see the irony in buying a car that is so economical when my income is derived by convincing people to buy vehicles that are oversized and not gas friendly. One thing I have brought up at work is having our dealer group look in to contracting with Elio to be the service provider for the southern willamette valley since we don't have pep boys here. I think it would be a smart business move just on the service side, and also because...people still need to buy vans and trucks and sedans. Great sales opportunity if you have people bringing their car to you for tune ups and oil changes. (and I can have my Elio serviced while I am at work :D )
This might work for you because you probably would get a dealer discount. However, dealerships are notorious for overcharging for everything. That would put them outside the realm of EM plans. Granted many of the reservists are financially able to handle this but the entire Elio plan is for good quality at a reasonable price so those of us who are not in that financial bracket can afford to have our Elios cared for also. Are you sure they will let you keep your job once you get your Elio? LOL Sounds like a dangerous proposition. :-) Z

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The approximate look of a Hannigan GL Trailer @31in, with an Elio @54.5in. Looks pretty good!
Elio-red-trailer-profile.jpg

juando290

Elio Fan
Reaction score
This might work for you because you probably would get a dealer discount. However, dealerships are notorious for overcharging for everything. That would put them outside the realm of EM plans. Granted many of the reservists are financially able to handle this but the entire Elio plan is for good quality at a reasonable price so those of us who are not in that financial bracket can afford to have our Elios cared for also. Are you sure they will let you keep your job once you get your Elio? LOL Sounds like a dangerous proposition. :) Z

I get what you are saying. Luckily our dealer group is the largest in the area and has been on good standing with the public for over 70 years, so they have a reputation to uphold. Also, most managers have no qualms about employees buying new cars that we don't carry, they are not going to tell us we can't buy a car they can't provide. (as long as we take the competing dealers plate off the car, they don't want us giving advertising to others...kind of hard not to with this unique car though). I know it would be different if I bought say, a honda from another dealer...but that's not happening. I will just come out and say it since internet detectives would figure it out pretty quick, but I work at Kendall auto group in Eugene. They have Cadillac, Chevy, honda, Acura, Toyota, scion, ford, Lexus and Subaru here, and Porsche, Audi, BMW, VW, Mercedes and Toyota out in bend Oregon. I personally think that having a well established company handle service and warranty work in an area that for whatever reasons does not have national service centers would be great. (We only have national chain lube shops here, so there is no big company option). They could extend it to Alaska depending since we have large auto malls in Fairbanks and Anchorage for Audi, Porsche Toyota, scion, Kia, ford, honda, Lexus, Mazda and VW. That would help cover several population hubs on the west coast.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I get what you are saying. Luckily our dealer group is the largest in the area and has been on good standing with the public for over 70 years, so they have a reputation to uphold. Also, most managers have no qualms about employees buying new cars that we don't carry, they are not going to tell us we can't buy a car they can't provide. (as long as we take the competing dealers plate off the car, they don't want us giving advertising to others...kind of hard not to with this unique car though). I know it would be different if I bought say, a honda from another dealer...but that's not happening. I will just come out and say it since internet detectives would figure it out pretty quick, but I work at Kendall auto group in Eugene. They have Cadillac, Chevy, honda, Acura, Toyota, scion, ford, Lexus and Subaru here, and Porsche, Audi, BMW, VW, Mercedes and Toyota out in bend Oregon. I personally think that having a well established company handle service and warranty work in an area that for whatever reasons does not have national service centers would be great. (We only have national chain lube shops here, so there is no big company option). They could extend it to Alaska depending since we have large auto malls in Fairbanks and Anchorage for Audi, Porsche Toyota, scion, Kia, ford, honda, Lexus, Mazda and VW. That would help cover several population hubs on the west coast.
LOL You are very definitely a salesman. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom