• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservations: 65341 As Of 6/20/2017

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. You can never be sure how the airflow will be affected by a window behind you. In my truck, leaving the back window open a couple of inches at highway speeds really smoothes out airflow from the sunroof. It makes it feel like a gentle breeze. Ugh. After typing that, I feel like I need to watch some football, drink some beer, and shoot stuff.
That reminds me of the days when a vent window was usually the front part of every front seat window so you could get air without rolling down the main window. Haven't thought of those in ages.

th?id=OIP.Me3c4a780620add411ed6fb0b449d5b1eo0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=244&h=183.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Wish "they" would bring them back !
So it's easy to break into cars again?
Wing windows (that was the "official" name for them) were a weak point in security; the latch was the culprit.
Yes, you could go to a power wing window but that would mean 2 additional motors, new glass for the wing, and new main window glass, and switches, and etc., and cost becomes the controlling factor again.
It's still a weak point because they're too easy to force open.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My '72 Nova suffered a break in through the wing window. Had a box of cassettes and some cash (well, some loose change), but for some reason all the perp was after was my "tobacco" and smoking accessories. Go figure.

Top Bottom