• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Road & Track Livestreams A Test Drive Of The P5. And The Fender Falls Off... :(

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While there are things that should have been repaired on the Elio, I do acknowledge EM has done everything on a shoestring budget and with a skeleton workforce.

The company only has 30 full time employees. If one of the major multimillion dollar auto companies were providing a vehicle to be test driven, they would have had a hoard of people all over it in preparation, because they can afford to do that. EM cannot.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thanks for the URLs. I was at a garage most of the day and am just getting caught up.

Caranddriverblog is scathing ... as are the comments posted. Scathing AND ignirant. Who are those people any how?

Don't know that I would call what Car & Driver wrote "scathing" and as far as the comments, I've seen a lot worse on Elios facebook page.

DeltaMike

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While there are things that should have been repaired on the Elio, I do acknowledge EM has done everything on a shoestring budget and with a skeleton workforce.

The company only has 30 full time employees. If one of the major multimillion dollar auto companies were providing a vehicle to be test driven, they would have had a hoard of people all over it in preparation, because they can afford to do that. EM cannot.
Thanx for that very important qualifier, pistonboy. As both future owner and shareholder, I believe they are doing their very best to be good stewards of limited resources.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My favorite comment was 'it feels like an old volkswagen'. Having owned 8 VW's, from a 1956 VW beetle convertible to a 1969 bug and '69 karman ghia (all bought well used) and after loving them all, now I'm even more excited to get my hands on my (2) Elios and I don't think it's going to be hard to get used to driving in the center of the lane, as a matter of fact I think after we all do get used to it, it will feel more natural than driving from the left side of a 'normal' car and we'll have to get used to that.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

And of those 30 employees, how many are qualified to work on a prototype?
How many of the E1series vehicles are the people that build these are buried in what they're doing?
You also haven't answered what I asked earlier; how much notice did they have before the test drive?
What was going on with the P5 before the test drive?
How do you know they didn't have parts of it disassembled before they got the call to do the test drive?

Before you condemn a company and a small start up force about all the things they did wrong; you should also know all of the circumstances beforehand.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
how much notice did they have before the test drive?
What was going on with the P5 before the test drive?
How do you know they didn't have parts of it disassembled before they got the call to do the test drive?

Before you condemn a company and a small start up force about all the things they did wrong; you should also know all of the circumstances beforehand.
Knowing Elio, their planning cycle for things like that is about 30 minutes. They plan their communications in advance, but not their activities ... that's why they don't publish the Elio appearances very far in advance.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]
Read full story here ---> https://www.eliomotors.com/more-legislative-progress/ <---
I fully intend to drive my Elio home through Arkansas early in 2017. I don't intend to get a motor cycle endorsement. Arkansas state troopers, I will let you know the color of my Elio as soon as I decide. I am going to write the price I paid for it and whatever the final MPG rating is on the outside of the vehicle in some non-permanent medium. If it sounds like I have a bad attitude I probably do. I still have not forgiven Arkansas for the Clintons.

Top Bottom