• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Sil

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you aware that they can't be imported until they have been approved by Transport Canada?
Yes I am and when the Elio is approved I will be 3rd in line in Canada.

Canada and USA use similar requirements. Canada requires ABS brakes and running lights which I am sure will be available on the production model.

Most have waited 2 to 3 years and will probably have to wait another year to get their Elio so I figure the least I can do is to stand in line and wait as well.

The Spyder was allowed in by Transport Canada the same month as it was allowed in the USA so I see no reason why the Elio woukd not be the same.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I am and when the Elio is approved I will be 3rd in line in Canada.

Canada and USA use similar requirements. Canada requires ABS brakes and running lights which I am sure will be available on the production model.

Most have waited 2 to 3 years and will probably have to wait another year to get their Elio so I figure the least I can do is to stand in line and wait as well.

The Spyder was allowed in by Transport Canada the same month as it was allowed in the USA so I see no reason why the Elio woukd not be the same.
Have you talked to Transport Canada yet and asked them about it? They may already know.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you talked to Transport Canada yet and asked them about it? They may already know.
No not yet as we had a Holiday up here Aug 1 ... used to be Civic Holiday now in Manitoba and a few other Provinces it is recognized as Terry Fox Day.

Young man from Winnipeg who had lost a Leg (to the upper thigh) to cancer and walked, hopped cross country several years ago to raise money for Cancer.

Was busy today and will be tomorrow with friends from out of town. Will contact Transport Canada on Thursday and report what I learn.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
No not yet as we had a Holiday up here Aug 1 ... used to be Civic Holiday now in Manitoba and a few other Provinces it is recognized as Terry Fox Day.

Young man from Winnipeg who had lost a Leg (to the upper thigh) to cancer and walked, hopped cross country several years ago to raise money for Cancer.

Was busy today and will be tomorrow with friends from out of town. Will contact Transport Canada on Thursday and report what I learn.
Yes, I know what Terry Fox day is; my wife is Canadian and fills me on to these events every time they come around.
She's originally from Hamilton.

Top Bottom