• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Something Is Coming....

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All true. But appearances that can easily be (or are intended to be) misinterpreted can be damaging.
This very site (Elio Owners) has to remind posters that it is not directly affiliated with EM occasionally.
And it does so in a manner that leaves no doubt in anyone's mind.
Maybe a disclaimer would have been appropriate.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
All true. But appearances that can easily be (or are intended to be) misinterpreted can be damaging.
This very site (Elio Owners) has to remind posters that it is not directly affiliated with EM occasionally.
And it does so in a manner that leaves no doubt in anyone's mind.
Maybe a disclaimer would have been appropriate.
Agreed, but it's marketing and anything goes right?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Remember this? Seems a bunch of use wrote to EM about all the emails Start Engines send out.
And if EM was involved with it? Got the answer today:

Clarification and helping you manage your email

ago.eliomotors.com_hs_fs_hub_358290_file_2519287091_jpg_ELIO_L2a4712020b968bc08464a7efd15a2098.jpg

Hello Coss,

Over the last couple of weeks you may have received a series of emails from StartEngine regarding a contest that included an Elio as part of the prize. We want to clarify that Elio Motors did not sanction nor sponsor the StartEngine contest. Additionally, those emails were not from the Elio Motors database but rather the StartEngine database that was compiled during the Regulation A+ offering.

As a result, we have received emails from our reservation holders and fans seeking clarification about the promotion and requesting to be removed from the StartEngine mailings once being advised that Elio Motors is not involved in the StartEngine promotion.

Given we are unable to satisfy your request to opt-out of the StartEngine emails, you can unsubscribe from the StartEngine emails by following the steps below:

• Open one of the emails from StartEngine. Check the “from” address line, it should say StartEngine or contact@startengine.com (Note: It will not say from Elio Motors)
  • At the bottom of the email, the last line of the footer, you will see a small print section with a link that says “unsubscribe from this list.” (highlighted below in yellow)
  • This will open a list called “Elio Community” or “Newsletter.” Simply check one of the circles and hit the submit button. This will unsubscribe you from their emails.
ago.eliomotors.com_hubfs_blog_files_OptOutSE.jpg

It is that simple and should take less than a minute to complete. This will unsubscribe you from StartEngine only and will not interrupt the requested information you receive from Elio Motors.

We hope this helps and we appreciate you reaching out for clarification.

Kindest regards,

The Elio Motors Team

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Coss I did not see your post regarding the emails on a Free Elio Clarification before I posted the Email from Elio Motors here

Link was deleted to avoid duplication... Thanks Coss

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Coss I did not see your post regarding the emails on a Free Elio Clarification before I posted the Email from Elio Motors here

http://www.elioowners.com/posts/166565/
Since this email from Elio Motors addresses what this thread was all about; it's probably best to go and remove the one you had put up.
You can delete your own thread.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since this email from Elio Motors addresses what this thread was all about; it's probably best to go and remove the one you had put up.
You can delete your own thread.
Sorry but I do not see any tools to delete the thread. Only Thread Tools available to me are Edit and Add a Poll and unsubscribe. No Remove or Soft or Hard Delete Thread.

Can you delete delete it for me please when you have a chance?

Top Bottom