• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just tried the configurator. The only items with stars were the standard paint colors. I wonder if the cookies placed on your computer by the Configurator dictate the version you see? Any ideas on that?
Check the stereo/speaker options--last I looked they and the paint/wrap had stars, but nothing else.

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rubberized spray coat on Amazon. Two cans at 12.53 = 25.06 plus shipping or---$78 for carpet and you don't have to work on your hands and knees and mask off the mess. Hmmm or no carpet for $0

http://www.amazon.com/3M-03584-Prof...F8&qid=1464101191&sr=8-1&keywords=rhino+spray

Well, I was thinking more of the roll-on type.

Don't get me wrong. I think carpet 'looks' great. Unfortunately, it is a bear for 'me' to keep clean.

Add to that, the fact that every car I've ever owned ended up with a hole ground through the carpet under the accelerator. ...and through the floor mats. ...and through small floor mat I put under the top one. (I really need to change floor mats more often... <sigh>)

Point is, once the damage is done to a carpet you have to replace, or live with it.

Anyone know if rubberized coatings can be 'layered'? i.e. if I grind a hold through the rubber lining, can I put some more on that spot and have it stick to itself?

-sterling

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I was thinking more of the roll-on type.

Don't get me wrong. I think carpet 'looks' great. Unfortunately, it is a bear for 'me' to keep clean.

Add to that, the fact that every car I've ever owned ended up with a hole ground through the carpet under the accelerator. ...and through the floor mats. ...and through small floor mat I put under the top one. (I really need to change floor mats more often... <sigh>)

Point is, once the damage is done to a carpet you have to replace, or live with it.

Anyone know if rubberized coatings can be 'layered'? i.e. if I grind a hold through the rubber lining, can I put some more on that spot and have it stick to itself?

-sterling

If you wear a hole in truck bed liner coating with your heel I'd be thoroughly impressed. That stuff is tough as nails.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, they've got a year to figure out all the options and pricing. I do think that option pricing should include installation. All other cars quote options as installed. Elio should too. But maybe they could offer a different price (lower) with the notation: available for installation at Pep Boys. That would allow the gear heads to do it themselves, and would eliminate the need to send cars back to marshaling centers for retrofitted options. But I suspect most folks will just want to know what an option costs when it's already installed when they get the car.

The options I want most haven't appeared yet. But I'm certain they will before the year is out. You know what they are; my signature has been listing them for 2 years now. (The blue tooth option is available in the radio upgrade).

;)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not doing the threshold and looking for the sunroof option
EM has said that a "see through" roof panel might be an option in the future.
A sunroof (as I laid out before in a different thread) is just about useless in the Elio because of the size; it would be about the same as a sheet of paper (8x11)

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you wear a hole in truck bed liner coating with your heel I'd be thoroughly impressed. That stuff is tough as nails.
IIRC, a few years back some show on Discovery was looking for new solutions to existing problems. Someone came up with the idea of using that stuff to paint concrete block walls as a way of preventing/limiting damage due to car bombs in certain locations worldwide. They built two test room out of cinder block with windows, (the windows were shatter-resistant), painted one room with the bed liner, and set off a car bomb next to them. The standard cinder-block wall suffered extreme damage which would have resulted in severe injury or death to someone on the other side of the wall. The cinder-block wall painted with the bed liner had a small bulge in it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
IIRC, a few years back some show on Discovery was looking for new solutions to existing problems. Someone came up with the idea of using that stuff to paint concrete block walls as a way of preventing/limiting damage due to car bombs in certain locations worldwide. They built two test room out of cinder block with windows, (the windows were shatter-resistant), painted one room with the bed liner, and set off a car bomb next to them. The standard cinder-block wall suffered extreme damage which would have resulted in severe injury or death to someone on the other side of the wall. The cinder-block wall painted with the bed liner had a small bulge in it.
That was on Mythbusters; I remember the show. Bed liner done correctly is some pretty tough stuff.

Top Bottom