• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Standard Equipment And Options

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the example you gave, assuming an average auto loan interest rate of 3.11%, paying $100/month would take you 54 months to pay off the loan, and you'd pay $364 in finance charges. Total cost: $5364

Really, all that matters is the interest amount. That said, if Elio is truly self-financing, then they could give Zero-interest or flat-rate low-interest financing (2% maybe). This is because they are an autocycle company that profits by selling autocycles, not a bank that profits from interest payments.

Their goal is to create a sort of "layaway" system, where whatever you are paying for gas today will be your car payment on the Elio until it's paid off. My current commute sees me spending about $120/month on gas, so in the Elio I might spend $40/month. Thus, my minimum car payment each month will be $120 until it's paid off. (I will be paying much more than that, because I don't want to take forever to pay it off.)

Long story short: Elio Motors makes money by selling Elios, not by high interest loans, so I wouldn't expect anything like the crushing 7-27% interest rates you see on credit cards. More like 0-3% flat rate. But this is purely speculation.

As usual, well thought out !

JK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas about where they will mount the Powered Subwoofer? The normal place would be behind the rear seat and over the trunk. I don't think there is space for that in the Elio.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas about where they will mount the Powered Subwoofer? The normal place would be behind the rear seat and over the trunk. I don't think there is space for that in the Elio.

My thoughts are that it might go under the driver's seat, or perhaps at the driver's feet (think in the starboard wall, forward and below the gearshift and aiming towards the driver's feet). Or it might just take up a chunk of the already-small trunk space.But we just don't know for sure.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought it was slated for one of the inset areas on the side of the "trunk"
The triangle (sort of) area, you can see it in the frame picture.
elio-lock-in[1].jpg

It is a small area so I wonder if they plan 2 speakers; 1 for each side.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That white Elio does look like some kind of spook. If it were grey it cold be a catfish.
Yesterday someone mentioned that it looked like a Mean Ghost.
I did a call out for anyone with Photoshop skills to do eyes and teeth on the picture.
We haven't seen it yet.

A catfish? It would need whiskers :g44l: (What is Group 4?)

[I looked it up: Group 4 Protocol is a digital Fax send and receive protocol]
[Or an insurance category for certain cars; or a battery size]
In other words ummm I still don't know ;)
I used it because it was the only one with "whiskers"

Top Bottom