• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, they say the E1C will be used for "marketing purposes" which to me indicates that it will be a drivable production vehicle for tours and journalists. If they do start holding drive events, then I imagine they would want the AMT in it so that the majority of drivers who can't operate a manual will be able to test it out.
I would think so as well. We'll see if they can cover enough ground to get all the reservationists a test drive between now and production... 50,000 people / 50 people per day is well over a year worth of test drives. Yeah, I just figured out that there is NO WAY they can let everyone have a test drive with a single vehicle... Now, if they just offer it to the $1,000 all ins, it's a different story. Same goes if they have more than one demo car.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would think so as well. We'll see if they can cover enough ground to get all the reservationists a test drive between now and production... 50,000 people / 50 people per day is well over a year worth of test drives. Yeah, I just figured out that there is NO WAY they can let everyone have a test drive with a single vehicle... Now, if they just offer it to the $1,000 all ins, it's a different story. Same goes if they have more than one demo car.
Oh, I was thinking more like they would hold Test Drive events, and anybody who shows up can get in line to take it for a spin around the block. As far as giving the reservationists a true test-drive, I know that will be an option for anybody who chooses to pick it up at the factory. "Drive before you buy". Otherwise, I think you'll have to wait until the stores are open to take a traditional test drive.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, I was thinking more like they would hold Test Drive events, and anybody who shows up can get in line to take it for a spin around the block. As far as giving the reservationists a true test-drive, I know that will be an option for anybody who chooses to pick it up at the factory. "Drive before you buy". Otherwise, I think you'll have to wait until the stores are open to take a traditional test drive.
That doesn't make the most sense... By that point, you will have already ordered your Elio with all the options you wanted and all. It'll be too late to make changes. However, I COULD see them having a fully decked out version so you could see what you were missing. That could help drive future sales of options.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That doesn't make the most sense... By that point, you will have already ordered your Elio with all the options you wanted and all. It'll be too late to make changes. However, I COULD see them having a fully decked out version so you could see what you were missing. That could help drive future sales of options.
But it's what they said. :noidea: I guess the non-refundable reservation is considered payment for putting on all of those options? But EM has said (somewhere) that people picking it up from the factory will have 3 days to test drive, check it out, etc before deciding on purchasing it for real.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But it's what they said. :noidea: I guess the non-refundable reservation is considered payment for putting on all of those options? But EM has said (somewhere) that people picking it up from the factory will have 3 days to test drive, check it out, etc before deciding on purchasing it for real.
I don't see how that can work. What do they do with all the Elios they've then produced and not sold? I'm sure there would be a waiting list for an Elio but maybe not for the same set-up that you ordered and then didn't pick up. That Sour Apple Elio with the Orangesickle inserts in the dash and the SkyzMatic system... Yeah, probably not a lot of people on board with that combo.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

........"But EM has said (somewhere)"........
Is (somewhere) a URL?
Do a little research and get back to us with a source please.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What? Get joeker88 on this one.
Yeah, Lets get Joeker88 on the case. Fire in our cylinders causing downward piston shaft motion to be converted by the crank shaft to rotational motion where-upon the clutch transfers this rotation into a transmission placing proper rotational force to the tires that ultimately overcome the gravity making our cars move from a standing stop. Anti-gravity,right?

Top Bottom