• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The automatic transmission is going to be an optional thing that you have to PAY EXTRA for.
That is what I've read googling. Darn.....and power steering is probably extra tooo.
Power steering is overrated. My first three cars didn't have it and they were larger than the Elio. And then this work truck has such sensitive power steering that I'm frequently oversteering

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The automatic transmission is going to be an optional thing that you have to PAY EXTRA for.
That is what I've read googling. Darn.....and power steering is probably extra tooo.
Doubtful that power steering will be needed on a 1200lb. autocycle. Be thankful that you can buy upgrades on an individual basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Power steering is overrated. My first three cars didn't have it and they were larger than the Elio. And then this work truck has such sensitive power steering that I'm frequently oversteering
There is a very big difference between a 33 y/o guy who works and a retired, 72 y/o little old lady. What is easy for you may not be so for more senior members of the forum. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't very specific Z, but I meant 72 year old, little old lady easy. You're covered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually I was responding to Edward's post and yours fell in the middle of our two posts. But thanks for the reassurance. Only time will tell whether my old shoulder injuries will make driving without power steering a problem. I hope you are right. I have so much faith in the Elio that it will take a lot more than that to discourage me from buying one. Next year in my Elio! :-) Z

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
0-60 in 9.6s or even 12 seconds is going to feel downright peppy when I get in at the end of the day of driving work trucks around. The one I've been tooling around in the last couple days is easily the most powerful one I've driven yet, and 0-60 is still well over 20 seconds.
That's not because it is trying to run on gasoline, is it? I kid...

Top Bottom