• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Automatic Transmission

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course, the average cost of an AT isn't $1,000. That's the price. The cost is what the builder has to pay for it. And Elio already stated that the cost was about $600.

Also originally stated Paul wanted to hold 'option' costs to: Cost + 20% where the extra 10% has come from is anyone's guess, inflation since 2008? Fiscal realities? Investors wanting more?

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exactly right. It shows a certain callousness towards the intended buyers of this car ... most of whom need automatics because they've never driven anything else -- and who can ill afford $1,000 extra. It's a very bad decision from all sorts of viewpoints.

Who's minding the store???? Say what you mean & mean what you say. Contradictions
show a weakened resolve without reasoned explanations. And "The Average Industry
Cost" doesn't cut it. ELio is supposed to be the anti-industry standard..............

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
interesting the ONLY option I had was $1500.00- so much for the $700 -$800, and at one point no difference ( but that was just us doing the math) kiss 10k out the window, and see the ease of E M holding the base price @ $6800!!, yep, no need to "bundle" the options as per other manufacturers, if you make each option profitable enough, E M will be in the driver's seat.
guess they're testing the water.??

The water's going to get pretty hot, id reckon................

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I got the survey too; it started out asking "what would you choose if the Auto was $1500"; third page "what would you choose if the Auto was $1200?"
Then on page 4 "what would you choose if the Auto was $1000" there were no choices or place for comment. Page 1 was "what tranny do you have in your current vehicle"
What ever happened to the MMT? I thought that was going to be the automatic.

topcop

Reaction score
I agree the survey was very loose and liberal with its questions and seemed more or less a fishing expedition as to what price may stick on the wall. I personally would like to see the manual and automatic transmissions as part of the same base price. It's beginning to look as though the options are the true profit margin for this endeavor. I'm getting older and I would like to have the automatic transmission but may have to re-think my purchase if the options are sky high.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"what would you choose if the Auto was $1500" - A Nissan Versa? LOL! I kid, I kid...

I remember late last year they were still targeting a starting base price of $7,300, to drop later to $6,800 when their units sold increased? Do we know if that is still the case? $8,800 for a base model with AT is still not bad, but would be no problem hitting $10k with a few options.

For me, I just really want a base MT with upgraded radio/speakers. Second tier upgrades depending on price are backup camera and seat warmer, but those I can add myself for about $50 each.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got the survey too; it started out asking "what would you choose if the Auto was $1500"; third page "what would you choose if the Auto was $1200?"
Then on page 4 "what would you choose if the Auto was $1000" there were no choices or place for comment. Page 1 was "what tranny do you have in your current vehicle"
What ever happened to the MMT? I thought that was going to be the automatic.
I only had the one page, and so the world turns.

Top Bottom