• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
c/w facing the flywheel, or the front of the engine? See, we can all be wrong, based on perspective. :D

Facing the front of the engine.
I was trained early, when discussing engine rotation, it's based on looking at the front of it. When it comes to the rest of the car, it's based on sitting in the drivers seat. :)

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Clockwise if your looking at the pulley end would be my guess. The simplest design transverse transaxle with a single countershaft would dictate the output half shalfs turn the same direction as the engine. So the front of the engine is to the right and the transaxle to the left.

Bigred

Reaction score
Flame spray of engine liners is a VERY proven technology. I worked for Perkin Elmer who were doing flame spray in the 1960's (although I didn't start till the late 70's.) These coatings are used on turbine jet engines , train diesels and aerospace applications. A polishing may be required after deposition but the longevity today is similar or better than iron liners we used to have. Sleeves are antiquated technology

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Flame spray of engine liners is a VERY proven technology. I worked for Perkin Elmer who were doing flame spray in the 1960's (although I didn't start till the late 70's.) These coatings are used on turbine jet engines , train diesels and aerospace applications. A polishing may be required after deposition but the longevity today is similar or better than iron liners we used to have. Sleeves are antiquated technology
BigRed, welcome to the forum and the Elio family. Glad you jumped right into the discussions. The forum is the repository of information about the Elio and our diverse members are, usually, friendly and helpful. We try to keep it informative and entertaining. Looking forward to your questions, comments, and opinions. Enjoy both the Elio experience and the journey with the friendly members of the forum.

Top Bottom