• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The "let's Argue Over Colors And What Elio 'said'" Thread

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Folks, I have Photoshop on my computer at work, and some time to try some things. I may download one of these images and start to play with shading. Can you give me any tips in advance? I haven't used Photoshop much, but I have the whole Adobe suite on the computer and am a quick learner on software. I've used other Adobe programs quite a bit, including Premier Pro for video and Fireworks for images.
Jeff; Decide a specific photoshop task you wish to accomplish (not too ambitious) then google a solution. However, without some fundamentals on how both a draw program like Illustrator and some basics of bitmap graphics before really cracking Photoshop. Do some arts and craft clubing in your neighborhood then look for the guy or girl who uses photoshop. You will always be limited and handy capped without getting a good grounding from someone local and a reasonable understanding of the difference between bitmap and vector graphics in my opinion.

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The thing that gets to me is that the original ad I saw for the Elio concept had eight colors, with a bright yellow being one of them! I fell in love with it at first sight & nothing else will do. :mad:

Finally found a copy of that ad & figured I'd share it with you all... no matter what colors are currently being offered, here's the proof that my yellow fever isn't all in my head! ;)
colors-12-08.jpg

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Finally found a copy of that ad & figured I'd share it with you all... no matter what colors are currently being offered, here's the proof that my yellow fever isn't all in my head! ;)
colors-12-08.jpg
That is the oldest ad they put out, I believe. From what goofyone says (and he knows a lot) the yellow was most likely canceled because it is the most expensive color to go with. They would not have been able to keep the price within the $6800 if they offered it. :-) Z

Eliometer

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going this route be sure to check with your state laws. Many states do not allow you to run any vehicle with under glow LEDs while the car is in motion.
Hi viii_ball...yes they're definitely legal in my state (MA). I even see them on motorcycles now which I never saw before this summer! Very cool looking. I noticed in another thread people were talking about which color Elio they felt was the most visible. I wonder what under light color or combo of colors is most visible?

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi viii_ball...yes they're definitely legal in my state (MA). I even see them on motorcycles now which I never saw before this summer! Very cool looking. I noticed in another thread people were talking about which color Elio they felt was the most visible. I wonder what under light color or combo of colors is most visible?
Need to watch the colors, in some states there are some colors that are ban, while in other states they are not allowed at all. In some states only certain colors are allowed to be visible from the front, with different colors allowed to be visible from the rear of the vehicle.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
with the material used for the outer shell, what would be required to custom paint a hood or even the entire vehicle

Jim

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
with the material used for the outer shell, what would be required to custom paint a hood or even the entire vehicle?

If I understand correctly, the body will be of the same construction style that Saturn used- a solid space-frame with flexible panels that attach to it. If so, the same type of paint used on any vehicle will work, it just has to have a flex agent mixed into it so that it will adhere and flex with the body panel as opposed to popping free & peeling off.

Z, I understand the color constraints that are being expressed and the argument that Goofyone has presented for them. I just wanted to post the old ad, as I had referred to it before and wouldn't want everyone to think that I was completely crazy saying that it had existed when the majority had never seen it. As I've said before, I'd be willing to pay for it at an extra cost if possible simply for a factory paint job and to keep from having to do it myself, as my Elio WILL be Screamin' Yellow (one way or another!). :cool:

Top Bottom