• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The P5: What Would You Change?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I say EM should do something way out of the norm and use the USDA meat grading scheme:

Elio Standard
Elio Select
Elio Choice
Elio Prime
You do have to keep in mind a name has to 'roll' out of the mouth easily.

Elio Prime seemed pretty good, so does Elio Quanta and Zelio for that mater( ? zElio ? ). Trifecta was just OK, but Elio Trifecta is awkward.

I think checking a thesaurus is good, searched from Prime, I find Prize and Zenith interesting. I'm sure some of our darker minds want Sith.

Another trick is to take a base word, clip it or expand it. From ecstatic, you could get Ecsta, Ecstat or Ecstoline/Ecstatoline/Ecstation.

How about Hollywood related ones, Gipper, Valentino, Garbo, Arliss, Pacino, or Capra? Capradon ?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You do have to keep in mind a name has to 'roll' out of the mouth easily.

Elio Prime seemed pretty good, so does Elio Quanta and Zelio for that mater( ? zElio ? ). Trifecta was just OK, but Elio Trifecta is awkward.

I think checking a thesaurus is good, searched from Prime, I find Prize and Zenith interesting. I'm sure some of our darker minds want Sith.

Another trick is to take a base word, clip it or expand it. From ecstatic, you could get Ecsta, Ecstat or Ecstoline/Ecstatoline/Ecstation.

How about Hollywood related ones, Gipper, Valentino, Garbo, Arliss, Pacino, or Capra? Capradon ?
Zenith is an old TV brand. There might be copyright problems.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Triune

Triune is a Synonym for triple or trio or three .

Troika works the same way
Using the Tri as a base word is a very strong suggestion, BTW, the Triune was one of the earliest battleship designs from Greece.
Tridyne, Triton, Triline, Triadon, Triopta, Triatta, Triota, a play on corvette the Trivette, I DO like that one, but it's been done, so next best is Triette.

Edited: Ooops that ship was a Trireme https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trireme. Triune one of the many words for the Greek deity concept as well as the Christian Son-Father-Holy,, you know!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_deity

Last edited:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got it!

The Elio Delta

"Delta" invokes both the "tri," as in three wheels, and the Greek symbol for difference, because the Elio is different from anything else on the road. The delta is also where the river (Elio) runs into and joins the ocean (conventional car establishment).

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got it!

The Elio Delta

"Delta" invokes both the "tri," as in three wheels, and the Greek symbol for difference, because the Elio is different from anything else on the road. The delta is also where the river (Elio) runs into and joins the ocean (conventional car establishment).
Again, Copyright problems with the Faucet Manufacturer of the same name. But I like the concept.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A few years ago EM referred to the design as the "Trikke". This name really sounds as good as any to me. Since it isn't a fire breathing sports car all the bad ass animal names are out. "Rabbit" has already been used and "Elio Puppy" just doesn't have the right ring to it.
It would be friendly if it were the puppy. WAIT! The FRIENDLY (on the budget, on the environment and for it's owners!

Top Bottom