• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I sure hope they offer the under belly aero panel as an option, that is a must have for me!

We were told that the vehicle is designed to accommodate this but it will not be standard unless they are way off their MPG target, so it will very likely be an option.

I will outfit my Elio with a belly pan either via OEM option or in the aftermarket as I live on a gravel road so being able to protect the underside while also improving MPG is a win-win for me. :)

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My P5 photos, from the LA Auto Show, have been uploaded to a Facebook photo album for now:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153784576217269&type=1&l=50245f2659

(This is a public album that does not require a Facebook account for viewing}

Great pics, G1!! Thanks so much! Looking at the underbody shot, my baby's getting a full-length belly pan for sure. Protect and smooth out the airflow. I do hope they stick with the side pipe exhaust. Seems like the rear exit version would result in some burnt knuckles changing a rear flat.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Great pics, G1!! Thanks so much! Looking at the underbody shot, my baby's getting a full-length belly pan for sure. Protect and smooth out the airflow. I do hope they stick with the side pipe exhaust. Seems like the rear exit version would result in some burnt knuckles changing a rear flat.

Personally, I like the side exhaust as well. I really can't wait to see all manners of custom side pipes on this vehicle. :cool:

I can also understand why EM attempted the rear exhaust and why they gave up on it as there are just too many issues for EM to overcome in order to make that work in a cost effective manner.

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great photos G1. I guess EM decided not to hide the wiper. Anyone know what the two power switches are under the dash do? (in photos of the pedals on right).

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Great photos G1. I guess EM decided not to hide the wiper.

Even though the wiper does work now it is just a standard wiper not the double-armed wiper which will be used. The final wiper should also tuck itself away under the rear of the hood for improved aerodynamics.

Top Bottom