• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I could not work with those people, they're slobs. Toolboxes must be empty because they have them spread out everywhere; how can they find anything? I understand keeping out the tools you're working with but that is just crazy.
1/2 empty 2 liter bottles of Coke that are probably warm and flat <yuk>
The P5 looks good, and a lot further along than it has been in previous pictures.
I once heard "A clean desk (work area) is a sign of a sick mind.)

I concluded this is an excuse made by sloppy people trying to excuse their being slobs.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The plastics available today would have greater resistance to road salt and other denting/corroding elements.
Yes, but what about the feature of the plastic gas tank not rusting on the inside? I can't believe no one has mentioned this. Am I the only one who has had rusty (inside) gas tank rust problems?

How soon they forget.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why doesn't the frame already have the right side safety bar across? Hat big gaping hole may make it easier to fit panels now but there is no way they can keep it like that for production unless the plan is for a bolt-in bar to go across there...

I'm talking about the bar that would protect your right ribcage in an accident.

Reactions: Ekh

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
big gaping hole may make it easier to fit panels now but there is no way they can keep it like that for production unless the plan is for a bolt-in bar to go across there...

best pure guess, because at this point they are routinely taking the panels off and on .... once everything is mated to spec, I bet it will be there when the frame is built

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
They do show it in the crash simulations.
I agree, they left it out because they are doing a lot of assembly/disassembly while they're building it.
Plus, if someone is working on the left side and someone else needs to do something on the right, second person doesn't have to wait in line to gain access to it.

Top Bottom