• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Is Going To Be The Death Of Us!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't get the P5 or not P5 mixed up with the idea of making the 'final' version with the final engine.
They sometimes say no P5 meaning no change to the body style. But the will be a set of crash test platforms made.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't get the P5 or not P5 mixed up with the idea of making the 'final' version with the final engine.
They sometimes say no P5 meaning no change to the body style. But the will be a set of crash test platforms made.
The way I understand it, the P5 is being built but as a step by step example of how the e-production vehicles will be built including all Elio materials and no borrowed materials. It will not be on tour as the P4 has been and still is. I suspect that is why the tour group says there will be no P5. There won't be, on tour. I'm not sure where I read all of this but I did somewhere along the way this last month or so. We have been getting so much material all the time it is hard to keep track of it all. :-) Z

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The "E" that will be the most wanted will the the ones produced after 18 months of running.
Bugs, design and extras will be worked out by then.
I look for some good deals on used E's in the next couple years.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The way I understand it, the P5 is being built but as a step by step example of how the e-production vehicles will be built including all Elio materials and no borrowed materials. It will not be on tour as the P4 has been and still is. I suspect that is why the tour group says there will be no P5. There won't be, on tour. I'm not sure where I read all of this but I did somewhere along the way this last month or so. We have been getting so much material all the time it is hard to keep track of it all. :) Z

Wow Z! You're becoming quite an expert on the Elio!

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh no, not this again. :(

Just wondering, did you hear this directly from Jerome Vassallo or from someone else?

The biggest reason why I ask is that the tour people have been telling visitors this for a while however we have had it confirmed directly by Elio VP Jerome Vassallo that a P5 is necessary as it will be used for final verification testing and tooling measurements before the rest of the E series builds. We have also been told that the official tour answer is no P5 to avoid confusion over what is happening.

Personally I have taken to labeling this vehicle in my notes as the P5/E0 as I believe it is ultimately both the P5 and the first E series build however I am sure EM would like to avoid that kind of confusion. :D

Yeah it was a tour person. Didn't get her name but it was the lady with dreads. I told her hmmmm it was my understand that they NEEDED this next car to set up the tooling/assembly line but she was confident in her words so I just dropped it. What you say makes sense to me though, maybe she just didn't know or was told to have that response.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Brilliant actually! Especially if they would give incentive to do so. Say...for "x" volunteer work hrs, free upgrade to leather seats, etc...
The most likely way to connect and gain the trust relationship required, is to form a local vounteer club/support group with your own insurance set up. Then contact Elio to say you have (day/saturday/off hour) volunteers. They might take you on. The other trust issue, is signing and compliing with thier non-disclosure agreement. They have been so VERY displined in thier PR you know they care about that a lot.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah it was a tour person. Didn't get her name but it was the lady with dreads. I told her hmmmm it was my understand that they NEEDED this next car to set up the tooling/assembly line but she was confident in her words so I just dropped it. What you say makes sense to me though, maybe she just didn't know or was told to have that response.
I think you are describing Jerome's wife. I believe we got the same information in Portland but I think it is because most people expect a P5 to hit the marketing tour and that is not going to happen. So, yes the vehicle will most likely be built but it won't be on the road. By saying it isn't going to exist they lessen the demand for it to be on the road. I think it is far more important for the P5 to be used to set up the production processes than for going around the country for us to see. Especially if we want our Elios next year. :-) Z

Top Bottom