• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Is Going To Be The Death Of Us!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Snipped: The funny thing to me is that I don't find it difficult to keep information confidential however what I do find challenging is how to effectively communicate when I am only stating my opinion and speculating like most other members versus when I am more certain about what I am writing because I may have more information.

Ah Therein lies the rub..............
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdWp806H5XwXN29gYlzxUrsLnyi0iTWep-Es2tRzX3oDN32bIe.jpg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
What I wonder most about is, if Elio sucessfully changes the helmet laws throughout the country will your avitar take his helmet off???
Interesting point, eddie66. I think he is probably just so good looking he is afraid people will track him down. LOL :) Z

Z is correct! :cool:

But seriously with the ElioOwners.com promotion I have been doing on Facebook many of our members have now seen my face and real name over there. It is also highly likely some photos of me, and hopefully Okuma Steve as well, will appear after our planned Elio Meet & Greet near Atlanta on Sunday.:)

I have also meant to make a formal introduction post and tell everyone about myself however I just have never gotten around to it. I even have a draft written but it needs to be cut down some more whenever I decide to do that.:D

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

But seriously with the ElioOwners.com promotion I have been doing on Facebook many of our members have now seen my face and real name over there. It is also highly likely some photos of me, and hopefully Okuma Steve as well, will appear after our planned Elio Meet & Greet near Atlanta on Sunday.:)

I have also meant to make a formal introduction post and tell everyone about myself however I just have never gotten around to it. I even have a draft written but it needs to be cut down some more whenever I decide to do that.:D
You are a tease, do you know that? :p :rolleyes: :) Z

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I also like people and like learning new things. And I like to laugh. I don't consider most of what I read as favorites. I am new to this as of March 4 and the choice was to like or to reply or to ignore. If I really like something someone says or does I don't hesitate to tell them so. Believe it or not I do the same thing in person. If I see someone wearing something I really like, I walk up and tell them so. I meet some very interesting people this way. But then I have also been known to pick up hitch hikers and arrange rides to Portland and back using my car and Craigslist Ride Share option. Another way to meet interesting people. :) Z
Ever seen the film Harold and Maude?

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Meet & Greet? where? time?

Wheelthang

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
when u watch eaa volunteer labor build an airplane in one week during oshkosh air adventure, that flies just like all the other models that have been built previously, i can 't see a problem if all participants signed a wavier of liability before starting work. the majority of volunteers would be somewhat savy at turning a wrench or working around power tools. i would have no reservations about myself being able to work on any phase of the assembly line process and turning out a top notch product.
Volunteers wouldn't have to be put in the most demanding skill level or dangerous positions necessarily. That said, I'm sure there are those who have many hours in the seat of a fork lift, even up to the seat of a yard tractor (semi), or anything in between. I'm sure there are those that are expert at driving a broom or mop too, or even know how to do anything from operating a grease gun to keeping up with the lbs of scrap going out the gate to keeping a running inventory of tires. We could get excited about this thing!

Wheelthang

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne, I totally agree. Those of us who do not have high numbers may be getting the better cars.
The "E" that will be the most wanted will the the ones produced after 18 months of running.
Bugs, design and extras will be worked out by then.
I look for some good deals on used E's in the next couple years.
Wayne, totally agree with the high number assessment but suppose you're basing your 'good deal' guess on the owners of lower number cars selling them off in order to buy better cars later on. The lower number owners might sell but I doubt they'll get much better car later on. I doubt a start-up like Elio can afford to start selling cars that might later be deemed to be lower quality than cars made a year or two later at the same facility. Those first cars would probably be refitted or just destroyed to keep them out of the hands of the public. Could even use them as crash test vehicles.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Volunteers wouldn't have to be put in the most demanding skill level or dangerous positions necessarily. That said, I'm sure there are those who have many hours in the seat of a fork lift, even up to the seat of a yard tractor (semi), or anything in between. I'm sure there are those that are expert at driving a broom or mop too, or even know how to do anything from operating a grease gun to keeping up with the lbs of scrap going out the gate to keeping a running inventory of tires. We could get excited about this thing!

How would Elio be able to differentiate the volunteers from people wanting to rip-off stuff or cause havoc? Too many bad peole out there for Elio to take the chance. :(

Top Bottom