• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Thread(s) Of Elio As Long-distance Highway Machine

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
right now, out in the driveway beside the house .... folks concerned with their Elio being messed with, broken into, or damaged, might be well advised to seriously consider the Skyz option .... my biggest concern isn't theft or vandalism, its folks who don't know any better (or don't care) sitting on the fenders .... from what they report Skyz can help identify them

Unless, of course, the person who was sitting on the fender decides they want to steal the Skyz...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Unless, of course, the person who was sitting on the fender decides they want to steal the Skyz...

if they sit on the fender first, hopefully I would have sufficient notice get help on the way or to handle it myself

its easy to what sit around and "what if" all day .... doing so can be fun but isn't usually productive ....

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had a 1970 GM car (with a non locking hood) that someone stole parts from the engine compartment. Back then hardly any hoods locked. Today hardly any hoods do not lock. It costs money to put interior hood releases in the vehicles. There must have been a good reason.

They should at least make an interior hood release available as a option.

Otherwise, this will look bad when they are available in the stores.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe a while back, EM sent out an email saying electric steering assist would be an available option. They also said it would be an easy add-on. Does this mean it will not be available in the early models, but we with early models can easily add it?

One advantage of this, though, is we can try the 1250 lb. vehicle without assisted steering and then decide if we want it. That is flexibility. I don't know if assisted steering can be easily added in any other vehicles.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OMG People. This means the hood can not be locked! Just think of it. Anyone can get into the engine compartment and steel the battery and do what ever they want! This is serious. Do you want this? I don't. how in the world could they do something like this?

Show me that I am wrong.
I have none of the problems outlined above, when you live, as many here in South Florida, in 55+ (read 80+)communities, stealing a battery is impossible, unless they're a gang, with a shelf on someones walker!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally I was thinking the exact opposite, that the Elio would be a pain in the ass to jack because of the hodgepodge of nothing special parts. Out of curiosity, is it known what size battery the Elio will use?
Here in S florida (40 miles from Miami it is usual for exotic and high priced end cars to be taken off the street, and put in a ship container, on it'w way South. My guess, for some that can afford it down there an Elio will be an "exotic"
@ yrs ago sold my H.D. guy pulls up with a transporter, walks past the bike, comes in and puts down the cash, no haggling.
Why I ask, without a "spin"- Ships to Spain, and after expenses TRIPLES his investment!!-

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the look of the hood pins and if it keeps the price down I'm good with that, at any rate I'm pretty sure I could get a more aerodynamic lock for it if I wanted.
image.jpg

Top Bottom