• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Steering Wheel Questions? Tilt? Telescopic? Size? Material?

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if tilt wheel will be standard or an option? I haven't found a thread about that yet, and I hate to drive a car without it.

Scott Miller

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if tilt wheel will be standard or an option? I haven't found a thread about that yet, and I hate to drive a car without it.
Indeed DWR, I too hope that it has tilt steering wheel. Since I am big enough to burn diesel, ever bit helps when loading and unloading my ass from this vehicle. :)

Btownbuddha

Reaction score
I am worried about room and comfort of drive in general. I am 6' 1" and 325 lbs and must admit I am worried about elbow room.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great question. I would imagine so. Even lower end cars have that feature it seems. I can't imagine it adding too much to the overall cost to include it

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great question. I would imagine so. Even lower end cars have that feature it seems. I can't imagine it adding too much to the overall cost to include it
It seems to me they would list every feature about this car to peak even more intrest. After all, I have a 2001 Nissan Frontier supercharged that does'nt have tilt. Since buying that truck, I've sworn to never buy another vehicle without it.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure where, but I think I remember reading within the last week that the steering wheel was tilting, but not telescoping. It could have been info from someone that sat in the Elio recently, I just can't remember.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would be interested to know what vehicles many of the parts are currently used on. It would be great if they would publish a list sometime near or shortly after production.
If over 80% of the parts content is preexisting then it would be a no-brainer to go to your local salvage yard and get that tilt column (or whatever other upgrade) if the Elio does not have it from the factory. Could be a great opportunity for elio outfitters as well.

Hmm... I might have to open a new specialty shop: "Elio Outfitters" has a nice ring to it.
You all saw it here first. No stealing my name!

Top Bottom