• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trading In Your Old Car When Getting Your Elio

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they do not "take"trades, then they will have to bring in a third party like carmax to buy the used automobile people will need to trade in. The young working poor will have an old tired car that they will not be able to maintain if they have a "new car payment." So if Elio motors can't take trades they will be cutting off a large per engage of the public.

I guess they would sell or junk it. But i could see how it could be a problem. I wont be selling my current car because its worth very little but runs great and looks ok.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Elio Facebook friends. Could you take two minutes to complete a brief survey about trade-ins for us? It is a very short survey that will help us understand what the market looks like today in regards to trade-in vehicles. This survey will ask you about you current situation, now through the next six months, so that we can forecast what the trade-in market will look like in 2015 when the first Elio will be available. This survey is only for people that have not made a reservation for an Elio, yet, Elio reservation holders were mailed a link earlier today.

To recap: 2-minute survey about your current trade-in situation in advance of the vehicle being available next year. This is only for fans that do not have a reservation yet.

Thanks for your help!
The Elio Marketing Team

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/83K2LK8

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I maybe just reading between the lines... but the Elio Team wants to know if you are going to trade in a Car or Truck in the next six months for a Elio Autocycle....

I did a little 2 + 2 and came up with these thoughts....

When Comau signed on with Elio, I checked out Robotic tech magazines, where I came across a story from Comau which stated that they were happy to start up with Elio Motors and that in the fall of 2014 they were going to do two pre-production runs, first run was for crush test factors and testing to make start up easy...( fine tune everything )....

Then they were going to do a limited run... before the full production in the spring of 2015

With the speed of the production lines of one every 52 seconds, Elio Motors can pop out a lot of Special Autocycles in a limited run for a few weeks... A limited run would make the FIRST Elio's " Special ", and worth more for car collectors...

Just reading between the lines...6 months would be in that time line, if the Comau story is in fact true... And if you had a production number, I believe there are less then 5000 at this time which are in fact "All in" for the $1000.... It could be a fun Holiday Season with a Marshmallow with Sour Apple stripes Elio Motors Autocycle under the tree... fingers crossed for luck....

Proud to be... an Elio owner... soon #2225

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I maybe just reading between the lines... but the Elio Team wants to know if you are going to trade in a Car or Truck in the next six months for a Elio Autocycle....

I did a little 2 + 2 and came up with these thoughts....

When Comau signed on with Elio, I checked out Robotic tech magazines, where I came across a story from Comau which stated that they were happy to start up with Elio Motors and that in the fall of 2014 they were going to do two pre-production runs, first run was for crush test factors and testing to make start up easy...( fine tune everything )....

Then they were going to do a limited run... before the full production in the spring of 2015

With the speed of the production lines of one every 52 seconds, Elio Motors can pop out a lot of Special Autocycles in a limited run for a few weeks... A limited run would make the FIRST Elio's " Special ", and worth more for car collectors...

Just reading between the lines...6 months would be in that time line, if the Comau story is in fact true... And if you had a production number, I believe there are less then 5000 at this time which are in fact "All in" for the $1000.... It could be a fun Holiday Season with a Marshmallow with Sour Apple stripes Elio Motors Autocycle under the tree... fingers crossed for luck....

I do love your optimism. LOL I guess I had better figure out a way to get my savings to grow faster so I can join the magic number group sooner. Although early or even mid next year is fine with me. LOL :-) Z

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
CarMax is where I would trade it in anyway if Elio isn't doing it. I know I won't get the max cash from that - private sale would max it - but if it's a reasonable amount I'll take it as it would be low hassle.

Steve McKenney

Elio Fan
Reaction score
We currently have two Ford Focus cars, a 2011 and 2012. I would trade the 2011 in and keep the 2012. There is a need to be able to trade vehicles for some and I happen to be one of the "some." Having two cars is more than sufficient. Having a third vehicle, no matter the cost would be counter-productive and would eliminate the high efficiency of having an Elio at all.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It could be a fun Holiday Season with a Marshmallow with Sour Apple stripes Elio Motors Autocycle under the tree... fingers crossed for luck....

I think you'll need a Pepto Bismol pink Elio to go with that....

Reaction score
We are planning on it. In fact the Ohio Elio's Group is planning a get together next Fall at Cedar Point, IN OUR ELIOS. It going to be a blast. ALL reservations are going to be filled in the first year of production. They're going to be making up to 250 a day. It's the plan.

Inigo93

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So what did the survey say if you said you were planning on trading something in? I'm not trading anything in and it was a one question survey. Was it any different if you said "yes?"

Top Bottom