• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trunk Questions

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Towing a trailer may defeat your purpose, but I plan to make the commuter Elio.......more functional........a multi-purpose vehicle.

I'm with you! The more functional the better! Mine will have a hitch, and a hitch carrier. I can fab my own. If I make it 2' wide it shouldn't affect drag. I think I will eventually make my own trailer, too.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm with you! The more functional the better! Mine will have a hitch, and a hitch carrier. I can fab my own. If I make it 2' wide it shouldn't affect drag. I think I will eventually make my own trailer, too.
I wish I had the fabrication skills, but happy there will be affordable options available to all Elio Owners.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My wife went on a "girls'" vacation with her sister. Unable to take her Temperpedic mattress with her, she opted for the memory foam topper on the spare bed . . . carrying the unwieldy beast into their motel rooms at every stop along their route. I'd pay money to hear what the other guests said about two girls carrying a mattress through the parking lot . . . ;)

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I emailed Elio inquiring if the trunk would be big enough to fit full size airline checked baggage and the answer is no.

Airline baggage dimensions: 28.5" x 19" x 10.5"
Trunk dimensions: 27″ x 14″ x 10″

It looks like I'll either be in long term parking during trips or go to the airport in a friends' car.

Or buying a smaller carry-on bag.:rolleyes:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We've seen pictures of golf bags, duffels, etc stuffed into the Elio trunk, but nothing like this! (never let a bored man loose with his back photos and Photoshop)
Elio stuffed trunk.jpg

Top Bottom