• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

We Will Have To Behave!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Z, when I saw Josh's comment,in a later post, about you living on the Oakland Bay Bridge, I had to back up and find your original post. I could not resist the temptation to explore that. Did you actually live On the Bridge or Under it?lol As you have shared a lot of your past History with us, could you please share the 'Bridge Living' part, also?lol
The reason I'm interested is, several years ago, one of our xcentric citizens built a home on an abandon bridge, it looked great,and a river ran under it, but he was a 'Little' strange. After the right up in the local paper, we heard no more outta him. I'm sure Your Story is Much More exciting than his, being as your talk about the OK Bay bridge an all.lol
Be careful what you post, All of us watch/read Everthing you post!!lol
Actually, at the time of the Loma Prieta Earthquake I did live almost under the Oakland Bay Bridge. There were also traffic jam (rush hour!) times when I felt like I lived under the bridge. However, no, I did not live on the bridge or under the bridge and I was not the pregnant lady. In fact, I think I lived in the East Bay at that time. So glad you boys are paying such close attention to my wanderings. :p :rolleyes: :) Z

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, at the time of the Loma Prieta Earthquake I did live almost under the Oakland Bay Bridge. There were also traffic jam (rush hour!) times when I felt like I lived under the bridge. However, no, I did not live on the bridge or under the bridge and I was not the pregnant lady. In fact, I think I lived in the East Bay at that time. So glad you boys are paying such close attention to my wanderings. :p :rolleyes: :) Z
At the time of that Earthquake I was stationed at the Naval Air Station in San Jose, I had just come off the double decker bridge in Oakland and was driving up beside it...though I had a flat and stopped just as the bridge started collapsing, spent the next 4 days with crews crawling around between the decks rescuing people who were still alive....was a rough one....

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
interesting/surprising article about the vehicles that get the most tickets taken from this link : http://www.cbsnews.com/news/speed-traps-americas-10-most-ticketed-cars/ .... hope Elio never makes this list ... ;)

"It's not about horsepower," said Des Toups, managing editor of Insurance.com. "The Chevrolet Corvette, Dodge Viper and Nissan GT-R rank well below average for tickets even though they can easily double the highest speed limits. But those cars are also costly, so their buyers tend to be older and take fewer risks."

Overall, about one in five drivers reported a moving violation in the past three years. Remarkably, though, fully one-third of Subaru WRX owners had been ticketed.

Following are the rest of the cars on the top 10 most-ticketed list, along with the percentage of drivers looking for insurance who reported at least one moving violation in the past year.

2. Pontiac GTO (32.7 percent)
3. Scion FR-S (32.6 percent)
4. Toyota Supra (30.8 percent)
5. Subaru Tribeca (29.7 percent)
6. Volkswagen Rabbit (29.6 percent)
7. Mercury Topaz (28.8 percent)
8. Scion tC (28.8 percent)
9. Toyota FJ Cruiser (28.4 percent)
10. Mazda2 (28.1 percent)

Jim
Rats, Jim. I wish I had known that BEFORE I bought a 2015 WRX, complete with a cap to put on backwards and a case of Red Bull. The WRX has actually been good for me and the Elio will be better still. My last moving violation was drifting a BMW 335d through an intersection on a hard left with a motorcycle cop hiding between two cars at the light and no matter how hard I try, I just can't get that danged WRX to drift. Stupid AWD.

Today on the 805 in traffic from hell I saw a woman parked on the side of the road kneeling and praying on a prayer mat. On the side of the road for pete's sake! Where's her ticket? And I gotta wonder why a Mercury Topaz would be such a ticket monger. Maybe bad brakes.

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At the time of that Earthquake I was stationed at the Naval Air Station in San Jose, I had just come off the double decker bridge in Oakland and was driving up beside it...though I had a flat and stopped just as the bridge started collapsing, spent the next 4 days with crews crawling around between the decks rescuing people who were still alive....was a rough one....
It was definitely one of those occurrences that you always remember where you at the time it happened. Thank you for your help - I know they were taking any help they could get. :-) Z

PJ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I used to get pulled over regularly for the opposite reason, driving an ugly car through a wealthy area of town. My fuel efficient commuter car is a 1993 Honda Civic sedan with badly oxidized paint which is not pretty but averages 35 MPG in the city. The problem is that for several years I lived in the Johns Creek suburb of Atlanta which also happens to be one of the wealthiest suburbs and boasts quite a large number of wealthy individuals and celebrities. If I drove through the area in that car after midnight it was a near certainty that I would be pulled over. When the officers walked up and saw a hispanic man sitting in the drivers seat on several occasions the first words out of their mouths were; "Sir, Are you lost?" :rolleyes:o_O
No I'm not lost but do you have any grey pupon?

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow.... Just, well, wow.

Oldfarmer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One thing is for sure. We had all better be good when we start driving around in these things, because everyone in town will know that 3 wheel 'thing.' The cops may pull you over just to take a look. Should we carry donuts?
I had commented a few weeks ago about a possible related problem. Some folks are just jealous and do some stupid things like "keying" expensive cars. I have two nice late model Vespas ('08 GTV250 & GT200). "Vespa tipping" seems to be a hobby for some jerks. Ours got tipped a few years ago not long after we got them. Damage was minimal but disappointing. So, until there's a million on the road, they're (we're) going to be an object of curiosity, or scorn for some Neanderthals.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had commented a few weeks ago about a possible related problem. Some folks are just jealous and do some stupid things like "keying" expensive cars. I have two nice late model Vespas ('08 GTV250 & GT200). "Vespa tipping" seems to be a hobby for some jerks. Ours got tipped a few years ago not long after we got them. Damage was minimal but disappointing. So, until there's a million on the road, they're (we're) going to be an object of curiosity, or scorn for some Neanderthals.

I don't know what made me think of this, something in your post, but many years ago, probably 1976 or so, my dad bought a honda civic. Tiny car. He owned a manufacturing plant, and some of the guys were good naturedly giving him a hard time about the car. He was about to drive away and they thought it'd be funny to stop him by lifting the back wheels off the ground so he couldn't go anywhere. They lifted the back, and he showered them with gravel from the front tires. They'd never heard of or seen a front wheel drive car! Good times!

Top Bottom