• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Well, its about time...

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
What did I tell you.......
From Elio:
Still here, still focused on funding. The website is back up, odd set of circumstances, but back to normal. It did spark some interest didn’t it? Sometimes it is the little stuff that gets people talking.

Have a great holiday.

Thank You,

The Elio Team

_____________________________________________________________________________________

And that was it, short but somewhat sweet, and you're all seeing it just as I received it.

Coss--

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Both electric and gas version is back online.
Just my opinion here...
Many years ago, I took a "Business Ethics" course (at College) as part of my curriculum. That course was always in the back of my mind as I navigated my way through the business world. It served me well.
Many years ago, Elio took refundable and non-refundable "deposits" (and yes the Louisiana court system ruled that if the funds paid are applied to the balance owed on a vehicle at delivery; it is a deposit) for "ICE" gasoline powered 3 wheel vehicles.
It just feels like Elio has an ethical responsibility to fulfill those orders -- first, before moving onto an electric version of the car.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just my opinion here...
Many years ago, I took a "Business Ethics" course (at College) as part of my curriculum. That course was always in the back of my mind as I navigated my way through the business world. It served me well.
Many years ago, Elio took refundable and non-refundable "deposits" (and yes the Louisiana court system ruled that if the funds paid are applied to the balance owed on a vehicle at delivery; it is a deposit) for "ICE" gasoline powered 3 wheel vehicles.
It just feels like Elio has an ethical responsibility to fulfill those orders -- first, before moving onto an electric version of the car.
My opinion is the EVElio version will end exactly like the ICElio version. However, I’m hoping people are aware of and understand the “fool me once, same on you; fool me twice, shame on me” motto.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What did I tell you.......
From Elio:
Still here, still focused on funding. The website is back up, odd set of circumstances, but back to normal. It did spark some interest didn’t it? Sometimes it is the little stuff that gets people talking.

Have a great holiday.

Thank You,

The Elio Team

_____________________________________________________________________________________

And that was it, short but somewhat sweet, and you're all seeing it just as I received it.

Coss--
So done on purpose?

*** See post #14 **************

Last edited by a moderator:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio‘s focus was always on marketing & funding - $141 Million and test sits. The focus should be on R&D and getting an actual prototype screaming around the test track along with test drive events.

Note: EM=Elio Marketing. I believe they still owe IAV for Elio Motors. Odd they still have a website and fan base. Go BEX!

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Business ethics was violated when Paul spoke to all of us at the beginning of 2013 and told us that in 18 months, he was going to make it happen (it referred to manufacturing the product). He obviously knew that was never going to happen as by the other ethics violations.

1. All of a sudden deciding to go with a unibody and pressed steel body in 2016. That means the original version was never going to be viable to build back in June 2014.
2. Ditching their own engine. Again, it was the perfect engine but yet another engine from a mysterious supplier was going to work, in 2018.
3. Markets are broken. I am shocked that he didn't come out in 2020 and blame Covid. Then in 2021, blame supply chain issues. In 2022, blame the war in Ukraine. Even though he did in the SEC filings, he never came out in public to say that.
4. IPO that led everyone to believe that all he needed was $12M to build 25 E series (even though he raised $6M. All he did was build 2 and ran out of money. The rest was to pay off debts. Again. people never read SEC filings and just hope that the numbers will turn themself around.
5. Ignoring everyone from May 2018 onward. As we all have seen, Paul dropped off the face of the earth. A bot could be writing the press releases and paying the $30/year to host the website.

So, he has violated lots of ethics, yet is not bothered by it. He reminds me of a family member that everyone rolls their eyes when they hear his name. Then the response is, "now what does he want?"

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio‘s focus was always on marketing & funding - $141 Million and test sits. The focus should be on R&D and getting an actual prototype screaming around the test track along with test drive events.

Note: EM=Elio Marketing. I believe they still owe IAV for Elio Motors. Odd they still have a website and fan base. Go BEX!
Supposedly the money went to building the prototypes and testing

Top Bottom