• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's gotten pretty far away from the starting topic.
So has the latest production start date. :p

Just to bring things back on topic ... does anyone have a link the latest released production timeline handy? I think we're paused somewhere around month 4-6 of a 15 month production plan. If that's right, vehicles should start getting delivered ~9-11 months from when the production funding is announced.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to bring things back on topic ... does anyone have a link the latest released production timeline handy? I think we're paused somewhere around month 4-6 of a 15 month production plan. If that's right, vehicles should start getting delivered ~9-11 months from when the production funding is announced.

Where did you hear that? And what did you use for a starting date?

Billy Rubin

Reaction score
Have any Elios been delivered? Read something here about a guy seeing a few on the road. I've been watching 3 wheeled vehicles over the last 20 years come and go, but none make it to production. This is a shame because I really like the idea. How about an amphibious version of the Elio if it makes it to full production>>>>>

Last edited:

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have any Elios been delivered? Read something here about a guy seeing a few on the road. I've been watching 3 wheeled vehicles over the last 20 years come and go, but none make it to production. This is a shame because I really like the idea. How about an amphibious version in the future>>>>>

None are on the road as of yet.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found my copy of the Plan of operation with the chart
Plan of Operations

Much of the vehicle engineering has been completed, and we are finalizing our engineering simulations, which suggest that the important vehicle performance milestones can be achieved. To date, $17.4 million has been invested in vehicle engineering and development. We are now seeking $25 million in funding from this Regulation A offering to fund the build of 25 prototypes and the completion of the safety and final engineering tests. Upon completion of this phase, which management expects to take six months, the vehicle production costs, as well as the performance and safety profiles, will be understood to a level that will allow for the kick-off of hard tooling. With the development risks addressed, we will then be in a position to raise larger amounts of capital - to be up to another estimated $240 million to fund production activities. The diagram below portrays the stages of development for the current financing round and the subsequent phases leading to production.
1time.png

diagram1.jpg

We are in the process of refining our production plans with suppliers to start production in 15 months from the completion of this offering. The key milestones for the 15-month schedule are as follows (with E1, S1 and S2 referring to various vehicle prototype phases):

$25M Regulation A offering underway

E1 Engineering drawing release – Month 2

E1 Builds begin – Month 3

E1 Testing – Month 4

S1 Production drawing release & tooling kickoff - Month 7

Order long lead equipment – Month 9

Shreveport plant integration – Month 9

Initial 10 retail locations selected – Month 10

Retail lease agreements signed – Month 11

Service partner agreements signed – Month 11

S1 Builds and production validation – Month 13

Initial 10 retail stores build out complete – Month 14

S2 Builds & EPA/CARB certification complete – Month 14

Start of Production – Month 15

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found the 15 month schedule. It was in the offering statement for the Reg A+ filing. And by "month 4" I meant that the milestones that have been met were representative of month 4 of the schedule.
Except Elio has even built the second batch (13) for engineering vehicles. I don't think they even finished the 5 for the first batch. I only recall the 4. In addition, they haven't started the 100 build...

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Except Elio has even built the second batch (13) for engineering vehicles. I don't think they even finished the 5 for the first batch. I only recall the 4. In addition, they haven't started the 100 build...
That's interesting. So with that said........what did EM spend the Reg A+ funding round on that was earmarked specifically for E builds/testing/validation? Not many completed production milestones from that list?? Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom