• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Status Of The Atvm Loan?

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How much time do they need to make a decision? I realize that when dealing with anything federal gov wise, it's going to take time (usually a LONG time), but this has gone beyond ridiculous...it's time for the folks at ATVM to sh*t or get off the pot, as they say...

Buckeyejake

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but the federal government moves at a snails pace unless a congressman or senator has a burr up his butt.

Our small city waited over 5 years for a reply to a situation of misappropriation of federal funds. There answer, o well. Guess a million dollars is just small potatoes to the Washington establishment.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
How much time do they need to make a decision? I realize that when dealing with anything federal gov wise, it's going to take time (usually a LONG time), but this has gone beyond ridiculous...it's time for the folks at ATVM to sh*t or get off the pot, as they say...

I agree, this hit me a few weeks ago too. Very frustrating.

If there are 200 steps that are needed, many times a govt worker doesn't care that they are step 82 or 107 or 199: that step takes as long as it takes. That person doesn't care if the process started 12 days ago or 12 months ago.

And agreed with Buckeyejake, if a lawmaker wants to move things along quickly, then there's a chance it will move along quickly.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To grant or reject is not based on the merits of ELIO it is a 100% political one. This may take time.PE does not seem to be well connected it that area.

Try reporting misuse of Amtrak funds, funded government projects

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps the DOE is waiting on the P5 with a tested IAV engine to document the 84 mpg claim., like the rest of us. Elio has been moving at a snails pace as a result of funding shortfalls. DOE is possibly being cautious with ATVM funds and need the P5 EM testing verification of a Real Deal Production Prototype Elio. I give them credit. It will happen in due time as the ball is in EM's court and finally moving with the P5 Build announcement a few weeks ago.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To grant or reject is not based on the merits of ELIO it is a 100% political one. This may take time.PE does not seem to be well connected it that area.

Try reporting misuse of Amtrak funds, funded government projects
You said "PE does not seem to be well connected it that area."

Unfortunately the big auto makers are very well connected in that area.

Do anyone think Elio Motors is not a threat to them?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You said "PE does not seem to be well connected it that area."

Unfortunately the big auto makers are very well connected in that area.

Do anyone think Elio Motors is not a threat to them?
Elio is not a threat to big auto new car sales. Elio is an & commuter vehicle and most will still need big autos. Elio is more of a threat to the used car market which may be a threat to big auto trade-ins.

EM has a legislative Team which seems both active and connected. They certainly have had to rally some political support from the non big auto and non big oil connected politicians.

Top Bottom